5/17 - 5pm 1st Official Meeting

We feel that it is a little premature to have a representative from the team at the meeting. There will be more meetings held in the near future and a club representative will be present. I have spoken to a few people at the club and they are more than willing to participate. At this juncture, it is just a little too soon.

All of those American teams' ownership groups have stakes in the rival of every above mentioned team.

The Glazers (Man U) own the Bucs.
Stan Kroenke (Arsenal) owns the Rapids.
Randy Lerner (Aston Villa) owns the Browns.
Fenway Sports Group (Liverpool) own the Red Sox.
I'd never support the bucs (fuck the glazers)
I'd never support the rapids (I support Man city who are arsenals rivals)
I
Are Manchester City fans allowed to like the Tampa Bay Buccaneers?

Are Tottenham fans allowed to root for the Colorado Rapids?

How about Birmingham City fans liking the Cleveland Browns?

How about Yankee fans? Are they allowed to root for Liverpool?

It's really not that hard of a concept to figure out.
if you asked true local supporters of those clubs the answer would be unanimous. I suppose that's the difference between American sports fans and others. To each his own. I know proper reds who once they found out MCFC owned NYCFC stopped any support they would've had. Like I said, to each his own. I hope all the utd/arse/spurs fans enjoy cheering city next season. FFP & all that jazz

I'd never support the bucs (fuck the glazers)
I'd never support the rapids (I support Man city who are arsenals rivals)
I

if you asked true local supporters of those clubs the answer would be unanimous. I suppose that's the difference between American sports fans and others. To each his own. I know proper reds who once they found out MCFC owned NYCFC stopped any support they would've had. Like I said, to each his own. I hope all the utd/arse/spurs fans enjoy cheering city next season. FFP & all that jazz
Please refrain from turning threads into 'why do you support NYCFC if you support Such and such'
There's places for that discussion. http://nycfcforums.com/index.php?threads/allegiances.435/
Keep this on topic.
The Facebook admins are also board members so yes, I'm sure they'll be there.

I know proper reds who once they found out MCFC owned NYCFC stopped any support they would've had. Like I said, to each his own. I hope all the utd/arse/spurs fans enjoy cheering city next season. FFP & all that jazz

Point in case, if MCFC starts shoving it down our throats that they are the owner and NYCFC would just be an extension to that club/brand it definitely turns people off, even if they were initially on board like you said. But being the gentleman you are, you surely did not present it to those 'proper reds' in such a destructive way, did you? If so, congratulation for turning off a few potential fans just by your own humble behaviour...

Oh... and sorry Dan, I realize this did not belong here, but I had to reply. This arrogance of some MCFC supporters here really pisses me off. Maybe you can move it to the thread where it belongs.

It's not rocket science. MCFC fans should want this to work more than anyone. Why? Because your club made an investment. So alienating potential supporters of NYCFC only hurts MCFC. Why would you hurt the club you claim to support? Makes no damn sense to me.

My response to the hardheaded MCFC supporters:

"C is for City and that's good enough for me."

My response to the equally hardheaded MCFC detractors:

My personal thoughts on the matter:

What I'll tell the supporters of every single other stinkin' MLS club:

So, what else are we discussing at this shindig on the 17th?

So back on topic of this discussion, what are the talking points and goals of this meeting Saturday? This way we know what to expect.

We will be discussing the overall approach, umbrella, goals, set-up and current openings on the board. It is mostly if not all pertaining to the operation of the SC. It's a first step, don't expect anything to be perfect of course.

Will an agenda be posted before the meeting?

We're a little close now, but it would be nice to know what conversations/topics to expect ahead of time so we can give the issues some thought and not just hear everyone's on the spot opinions.

Without any specifics, the agenda for this meeting will be mostly organizational. Setting up a structure and allowing people to fill roles to help this SC get moving.

Bit gutted personally. A lot was said about including those who can't make it. Live feed and posting the agenda early. Makes the long wait for my Green Card even more frustrating!