When Shit Hits The Fan - Tr

The TR drama has been and continues to be so freaking high school (probably elementary school). The number of posts, debate, comments, confusion, anger about SMOKE BOMBS (mostly on other sites/forums) clearly emphasizes what we are dealing with here (likely a combo of immaturity, passion, ignoriance, stubborness, and age). Separately, the charity/financial transparency issues are real and worrisome with an "organization" so large and with expansive public visibility. Sigh.
The fact is before we kicked a ball in Yankee stadium the Stadium itself (Yankees/security) gave all the groups a letter stating what is and isn't allowed. It was discussed here and went viral and was made fun of by a lot of Sg's across the league.
So when we see people getting kicked out for it and others complaining I can't feel bad for them.
Stuff outside the stadium, I get, fight it.
But inside, those rules were set before we took a step inside the stadium.
I think it's more people trying to show the league that we aren't 'plastic' by letting off smoke, instead of just making a lot of noise and banding together.

The fact is before we kicked a ball in Yankee stadium the Stadium itself (Yankees/security) gave all the groups a letter stating what is and isn't allowed. It was discussed here and went viral and was made fun of by a lot of Sg's across the league.
So when we see people getting kicked out for it and others complaining I can't feel bad for them.
Stuff outside the stadium, I get, fight it.
But inside, those rules were set before we took a step inside the stadium.
I think it's more people trying to show the league that we aren't 'plastic' by letting off smoke, instead of just making a lot of noise and banding together.
Agreed. And the reality is that the only way to expect any concessions from YS/FO (now and later) is to appease them and cooperate. It doesn't' mean you have to like it (I understand that), but you must grit your teeth and accept it. If you fight them, it will simply be counterproductive and ineffective.

I liked that he said he can't reveal his source like it's not already on Facebook or a large public forum.
It was posted on the Third Rail's closed FB page, so it was meant only for their members - it was originally posted on FB around 2pm, then TheSubwayRat posted it on Reddit around 5pm - not sure about The Twitters, but it wasn't posted here on the forum until around 7pm, after it was already all over the place - the source of the leak was probably The Subway Mole

I guess the irony here is the TR asked people to use the anonymous tip line to report the use of smoke

Reactions: JayH
Agreed. And the reality is that the only way to expect any concessions from YS/FO (now and later) is to appease them and cooperate. It doesn't' mean you have to like it (I understand that), but you must grit your teeth and accept it. If you fight them, it will simply be counterproductive and ineffective.
They care too much about looking authentic and grassroots for MLS fans and the media when its pointless.

I've only seen Chance once, at RBA. He seemed to be working hard being the liason between the group and stadium/club staff.

I like every part of your post except for this. People need to stop with this bullshit straw man. There are plenty of active supporters who are working on chants and yet happen to dislike the use, or overuse, of hey baby. There's this weird culture in the third rail where as soon as someone criticizes something they're attacked with "I don't see you doing any better" as if that a) is true and b) completely invalidates the criticism.
I put about eight chants out there that were New York focused, new, and somewhat clever. I was told that "no one wants to chant along with Ramones songs".

I am a third rail member and that is only by paying dues. I have never been to an event have no interest in going to one. There seems to be a lack of ideology but again I don't really care. For the people who pour their hearts and give their time I hope this gets fixed. The lack of charity is pathetic and whoever is in charge needs to be held accountable immediately. If you're too busy with work which is a perfectly respectable answer then resign from your position. I know it's cool to have a title and you feel important but you need to do the work.

Has anyone pointed out that the club required Third Rail membership to get Supporters' Section seats?

With that being the case, I'm not at all shocked that their membership numbers are dropping like flies. I had to sign up to get tickets I could afford, and after seeing how they do business, I have zero interest in having any part of what they do.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who was in that boat, either.

It's all about image - not substance. And even then, the image that they produce is not a good one.

Reactions: adam
Yeah, I've paid dues to the TR and sit in the section, have always had a ton of fun, but there does seem to be a complete lack of communication. I travel for work during the week, so cannot make any weekday events/activities (though I haven't heard of any). But not once have I received any email for chant suggestions, help for tifo painting (though I'm a horrible artist), charity events, etc. This particular item surprises me. I've actually sent a few messages through the TR website for some suggestions, and have received no response there either.

I love the supporters section in 237, its a ton of fun, and I don't think I'm looking to jump out of the TR, but there needs to be some changes made.

Has anyone pointed out that the club required Third Rail membership to get Supporters' Section seats?

With that being the case, I'm not at all shocked that their membership numbers are dropping like flies. I had to sign up to get tickets I could afford, and after seeing how they do business, I have zero interest in having any part of what they do.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who was in that boat, either.

It's all about image - not substance. And even then, the image that they produce is not a good one.
This is not true. You had to be TR to sit in 236 and 237. 235 and 238 were open to anyone.

This is not true. You had to be TR to sit in 236 and 237. 235 and 238 were open to anyone.
If that's true, it's true in name only - that's not what was made clear by the ticket sales office. In fact, in big hulking caps, it said to sign up for supporters seats, you had to show your third rail membership via e-mail.

1. Supporters seating information:
    • If you are choosing seats in a Supporters section (Sections 235 - 238), you will not be able to choose your seat locations online through the Virtual Venue. You will receive a call from a NYCFC representative to walk you through purchasing Supporters seats. Again, please do not call into the office.
    • Members of the Third Rail Supporters Club will receive priority access to Sections 236 & 237. If you would like to select seats in either of those sections, you must become a member of the Third Rail. Visit www.thirdrailnyc.com for more information.
    • Supporters seating will be General Admission within each section.
(edit to add source: http://www.nycfc.com/tickets/seatselection)

You can't have a club owned supporters group. It makes no sense and yes I'm a Third Rail member.

Reactions: Gentile
If that's true, it's true in name only - that's not what was made clear by the ticket sales office. In fact, in big hulking caps, it said to sign up for supporters seats, you had to show your third rail membership via e-mail.

what? no one in 238 is a TR member

what? no one in 238 is a TR member
It's not true. 236-237 are the TR sections. Maybe you could make a case that it wasn't clear since you still had to call to get tickets in 235&238, but it was clear to me at the time.