When Shit Hits The Fan - Tr

Too many egos in leadership. I said from the start that fighting YS security was a lost cause. They don't bend for Yankee fans, they were never gonna do it for us. They made a bad situation even worse. There wouldn't be a need for an anonymous tip line if people would just stop bringing in smoke bombs. But no, we have to fight and show we're authentic! We gotta stop caring about what MLS fans and the media think, they're never gonna respect us no matter what we do. We're not getting a stadium any time soon, might as well make the best out of our current situation.

Yeah there a lot of people mad this got out and wanted to keep it in house
Honestly most of t is nothing new and things we've discussed here or I've discussed with others in the past.

The 1 charity event IS a big deal. Especially when groups that aren't even official like BBSC/NYC12 and Blue Ladies are constantly doing stuff with no income from dues to make it possible. But still doing stuff.
The financials... Income from Dues + Merch sales and all the people see from it is 1 tifo and no transparency whatsoever.

When the entire board wants change the only way to make it happen is ensure everyone knows. Otherwise people will just wonder why others left, while more complacent members take their place and continue to do nothing about it

You can make fun of hey baby all you want, the same people mocking our chants are never the ones making suggestions for new ones.
I like every part of your post except for this. People need to stop with this bullshit straw man. There are plenty of active supporters who are working on chants and yet happen to dislike the use, or overuse, of hey baby. There's this weird culture in the third rail where as soon as someone criticizes something they're attacked with "I don't see you doing any better" as if that a) is true and b) completely invalidates the criticism.

Honestly most of t is nothing new and things we've discussed here or I've discussed with others in the past.

The 1 charity event IS a big deal. Especially when groups that aren't even official like BBSC/NYC12 and Blue Ladies are constantly doing stuff with no income from dues to make it possible. But still doing stuff.
The financials... Income from Dues + Merch sales and all the people see from it is 1 tifo and no transparency whatsoever.

When the entire board wants change the only way to make it happen is ensure everyone knows. Otherwise people will just wonder why others left, while more complacent members take their place and continue to do nothing about it
All those issues are what are being talked about, but I understand those who didn't want those outside TR talking about by people out TR. That being those big deals.

I could give two shits about the Third Rail, but did this guy really sign this with "THE"?

What a load of fuckery.

I don't really dislike the TR or anything, but this kind of thing was always a big turn off for me. There are TR "celebrities" that dominate their social. Like that kid that is constantly posting selfie videos of himself singing all the god damn time. What the hell? I'm also about 12 years older than the average member there haha

I gotta say, Brian Toto is a dude. Met him a few times in the short stint as a TR member and that guy was working his ass off to make it work. I hope he stays active in NYCFC support.

Now one of the Third Rail members who is calling for the resignation of the top board members is part of a group not associated with the Third Rail doing a card mosaic after the TIFO. The TIFO was approved by the club and league, this wasn't as of yet. What the fuck is happening in Third Rail world right now?

I just hope they have it together enough to show up strong on Sunday. That's no game to fuck around with.

Yes seems the timing of this is not ideal. Should of waited for after this game

The reaction to the smoke bombs suggestion, to report to the anonymous tip line, tells me that the board and the membership support the surreptitious use of smoke in the section. Based on that, they have lost all my sympathy in their battle against securitas and Yankee stadium.

I paid my sixty bucks solely to support their efforts, knowing that i could never be active in the group. Definitely won't be getting another sixty.

Reactions: JayH
not surprised that /u/TheSubwayRat was the one that posted this on Reddit - that guy has had a personal vendetta against Chance - he's been acting like John Wick for months

I'm mainly concerned with their financials - that can be a serious legal issue
I liked that he said he can't reveal his source like it's not already on Facebook or a large public forum.

The TR drama has been and continues to be so freaking high school (probably elementary school). The number of posts, debate, comments, confusion, anger about SMOKE BOMBS (mostly on other sites/forums) clearly emphasizes what we are dealing with here (likely a combo of immaturity, passion, ignorance, stubborness, and age). Separately, the charity/financial transparency issues are real and worrisome with an "organization" so large and with expansive public visibility. Sigh.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tiger Jones