8/15 Ring Of Honor Show @ Mcu Park, Good Ttr Get Together? (wrestling)

Scott McCarthy

Registered
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
May 22, 2014
Brooklyn,NY
www.facebook.com
for the uninitiated, Ring of Honor is one of the top wrestling promotions in the country, with a focus on athletic matches, many of the top WWE Stars started or came through here. When the promotion first started up many years ago, me and my friends would drive to the Rexplex in New Jersey and multiple locations in Philly to catch the shows.

Some of the talent to call ROH Home, before they went on to bigger and better things in WWE are Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, Cesaro, Seth Rollins & Samoa Joe.

Samoa Joe is notable, because he incorporated a soccer chant into one of his signature moves, "The Ole Kick", while ROH was touring the UK, he started getting the crowd to chant Ole, Ole,Ole....and he would place his opponent in the corner next to the outside barrier, he would then go to the far end of the floor, build up some running speed, and kick the guy into, over or through the barrier.

The crowd at a good indy show, has many similarities to a supporters group at a soccer game.

anyway the 8/15 show will be held at MCU Park in Coney Island. I already have front row VIP seats, and plan on wearing my NYC FC gear. The show will be taped for DVD as well as streamed online. So it could be an opportunity to let the community see what The Third Rail is all about.

Whenever there is a lull in between matches, intermission and prior to the show would be great times to break out NYC FC chants and songs, during matches, promos or anything else while the show is ongoing would be disrespectful to the talent currently in the ring...of course the Third Rail could show how loud and passionate they are by reacting with boo's, cheers and chants related to what is going on.

Also a pre show meet up at Peggy O'Neil's right outside the park could be fun.

8/15 in Brooklyn, NY at MCU Field will feature all the titles being defended with AJ Styles and Bad Influence booked on the show. That will be the biggest venue ROH has ever played, to date, in the company's history.

Tickets can be bought here

They aren't as unique as the old ECW crowds but it certainly wouldn't be dead. Don't really watch ROH (and only catch WWE semi regularly with the current product) but I keep up with online news. Any sort of publicity avenue should be explored to promote NYCFC and fan group interests. Its much better than a bar crawl but there might be a problem with mass appeal considering those prejudiced against any form of pro wrestling. The good thing is NYC is a very popular wrestling city and MSG is WWE's special venue. Vince McMahon rarely attends untelevised shows (don't confuse that with lack of hard work he sleeps four hours a night) but he always does at MSG.

Its correct that chants should only be in intermissions. "Smart" wrestling fans won't appreciate non wrestling disruption though of course many independent wrestling fans like to get attention on themselves. ECW fans certainly liked to make themselves a major part of the show.

Always thought wrestling and football is a good combination.

If you want to do this, can I suggest you meet at a pub or somesuch where you can get together to get used to the songs and such first? Nothing worse than going to the event before realising that several people don't know the words you're singing, or accidentally use the wrong tune at one point.

They aren't as unique as the old ECW crowds but it certainly wouldn't be dead. Don't really watch ROH (and only catch WWE semi regularly with the current product) but I keep up with online news. Any sort of publicity avenue should be explored to promote NYCFC and fan group interests. Its much better than a bar crawl but there might be a problem with mass appeal considering those prejudiced against any form of pro wrestling. The good thing is NYC is a very popular wrestling city and MSG is WWE's special venue. Vince McMahon rarely attends untelevised shows (don't confuse that with lack of hard work he sleeps four hours a night) but he always does at MSG.

Its correct that chants should only be in intermissions. "Smart" wrestling fans won't appreciate non wrestling disruption though of course many independent wrestling fans like to get attention on themselves. ECW fans certainly liked to make themselves a major part of the show.

Always thought wrestling and football is a good combination.

Ah, I miss ECW shows at the Elks Lodge. Glory days of wrestling.

The good thing is NYC is a very popular wrestling city and MSG is WWE's special venue. Vince McMahon rarely attends untelevised shows (don't confuse that with lack of hard work he sleeps four hours a night) but he always does at MSG.

Yes, NY is one of, if not the number 1 wrestling city in the states, Chicago & Philly are also huge. WWE only runs MSG about 4 times a year now, because of the cost of the venue, but they always have great crowds. I also locked in front row seats for RAW @ Barclays Center in October