Ask Chance

Chance,

What if anything will the Supporter's Group be doing to help NYCFC lobby for a stadium? Have any specific plans or actions been decided upon yet?

No specific plans yet, but we anticipate helping the club in any way they feel would be productive.

Chance, I'd like to thank you and the others for doing the heavy lifting and getting things going.

So, it looks like we have a Board in place and its only a matter of a few days before a official name for the group is released. As someone who is quite new to the SG scene, I'd like to ask what's the next step to be taken?

The next step is to complete our organizational process. We will then consult with the team to see if we can assist their promotional efforts, establish official charities, recruit members to fill our remaining board positions, begin fundraising and start planning for kickoff next year - whew!

Reactions: Gene and NYCBlue
I'd be interested to hear if the board plans on being reactive or proactive. That is to say, once the club and the SG are set up, we're half way through the first season, all the culture and songs and membership has already been sorted out, do the SG leadership intend on being at the forefront, constantly organising events, keeping everyone updated, etc, or do you plan on laying down the foundations and then sitting back and letting the group guide itself, only stepping in when clear leadership is actually needed to resolve issues.

Reactions: einwindir
I think there's a fine balance to be found. Nobody wants this to be a very top-heavy group, but to the extent we need the board to schedule and plan events, we will.

At the last meeting, we started organizing smaller groups - people interested in tifo, people more drawn to charitable work, people who want to organize and attend trips to away matches, etc. Ideally, a lot of the SG's work will happen in those loosely-organized ad hoc groups, giving our members an opportunity to really shape and guide it.