Away - 04/24 Chicago

NYCFC_Dan NYCFC_Dan @einwindir Can we get a TV thread for discussion unrelated to the actual game?
I'm not really following. This section is just for discussion of NYCFC matches.
If you wanted to discuss other games feel free to start a discussion under MLS. But unrelated discussion shouldn't happen in this section as to specifically for match day

Visual preview:
Reston-pickup-soccer-03.jpg

From what I have seen, Harry Shipp is their most exciting player.

Yeah, whoever is playing on our left side (Grabavoy at LM, Calle at LB?) will have their hands full because Chicago's attack is heavily focused on the right side of their formation with Shipp and Gehrig. Both are very capable players and they have been leading that team so far. Shipp's got a goal and 3 assists through 5 matches. Chicago's big offseason signing, Shaun Maloney, has only been ok. They are a decent side and we cannot take them for granted, especially playing at their place. The starting GK should be interesting as Sean Johnson and Busch have split time already. Can't wait for Friday!!

Reactions: JayH
They also added David Acam (sp?) to their left side midfield who is a dangerous attack threat. He missed the first couple of games.

They are not a pushover by any stretch. I think everyone still has that first game against LA in their heads when they think about Chicago, and not their last game against TFC.

Jon and I spoke with Guillermo Rivera from Fire Confidential to preview Friday's game. You can hear that interview and our recaps of Philly and Portland on Ep 14 of Blue City Radio, available on ITunes, Stitcher, Soundcloud and at www.bluecityradio.com.

I'm not sure what the hell Chicago will be wearing.

Primary:
thumb.aspx

Secondary:
thumb.aspx

Third:
thumb.aspx

im going to assume its the second one. or maybe the red one but still will feel like they would clash.

Reactions: Kjbert
Villa, Hernadez and probably Williams are out.

Expect to see Shelton and Nemec up top. Wingert and Watson-Siriboe man the CBs. Hopefully Calle gets the call at LB.