Away - 05/08 DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might be right and I didn't think of that, but still, we're sitting him for most of 4-5 games to make sure he can play in the cup?
No, I don't share that opinion/theory -- was just mentioning that we have another match in June.

Reactions: mgarbowski
Also, as far as I can tell/have heard, the NYCFC and USMNT schedules for mid-May to mid-June are as follows:

5/15 - NYCFC at Portland
5/16 - USMNT camp opens
5/18 - NYCFC at Toronto
5/21 - NYCFC vs NJRB
5/22 - USMNT at Puerto Rico
5/25 - USMNT vs Ecuador
5/28 - USMNT vs Bolivia
5/29 - NYCFC vs Orlando
6/2 - NYCFC vs RSL
6/3 - USMNT vs Colombia
6/7 - USMNT vs Costa Rica
6/11 - USMNT vs Paraguay
6/15 - NYCFC at TBD (US Open Cup)
6/17 - USMNT vs Brazil (tentative - I believe this is the best the USMNT can hope for in the Copa)
6/18 - NYCFC vs Philadelphia

You might be right and I didn't think of that, but still, we're sitting him for most of 4-5 games to make sure he can play in the cup?
I think everybody is confusing him not starting with sitting him. He can still start some of the upcoming games, and he'll surely play in them in some capacity.

I'm sure the first game or two missed was a bit of a lesson from Vieira about the merits of high energy every game, and even Pirlo was a recipient of it (regarding the Columbus/philly losses), but there's something to be said for Mix being at the practices and getting quality sub minutes in these past two games. And maybe Mix's psyche needed a break and a boost by not having the pressure on him starting - he may have laughed over the damning survey naming him most overrated, but it could have been affecting his play. So conveniently, he sits, rests/recovers, and also doubles to limits Klinnsman's argument to bring him in.

I've been considering making the trip out there but the Sunday night kickoff paired with what happened last game in Philly is strongly making me reconsider. Anyone else making the trip?

They usually put NY supporters in the upper tier, alone, completely void of contact from DC fans. What happened in Philly won't happen in this particular venue.

Are you guys taking a bus with TR or going on your own? I hadn't heard of them doing anything for this match.
I'm gonna be in DC anyway, but there is a bus. You can get the bus + match ticket through the MemberPlanet portal that TR uses, if you're a member. You can also buy the ticket by itself, which is what I did.

Not going this year but I went to the last away game. There is usually a good showing of supporters, between 150-200 last time I went and it was cold and raining. It's a good time. Be forewarned, RFK is a complete shit hole. You'll feel way better about parking in YS until we have a new stadium. You'll probably need a tetanus shot after you leave and there's a chance you'll discover a new strain of hepatitis after visiting the lavatory, but if you make it out alive ... you'll have fun!
Racoon City FC

Reactions: Tony L
Interesting news from the Twitter. Not on the official MLS Discipline page.

Rolfe has started all of DCU's 9 games, but been subbed out in each. He has no goals and 1 assist.

Kind of an interesting thought. I don't know if this would benefit us or not. Yes they are losing one of their core members of their starting 11 so there will be some lost of cohesiveness in there line-up. But if this was us last year, say someone like... I don't know... GRABAVOY got suspended for a game and we had to replace him with an actual player like Poku, they would be a better team. I know nothing about Rolfe but I hope they just lose cohesiveness and play even worse for that reason.

Here is this week's preview of the DC United match. Leah was excited by this past week's realization of a strategic vision, so she joins me for the first minute or so. She also has a rant at the end about a topic that will resonate with many here.

Note: we recorded before the announcement that Rolfe would be out, but didn't think it warranted going back and re-recording.

Kind of an interesting thought. I don't know if this would benefit us or not. Yes they are losing one of their core members of their starting 11 so there will be some lost of cohesiveness in there line-up. But if this was us last year, say someone like... I don't know... GRABAVOY got suspended for a game and we had to replace him with an actual player like Poku, they would be a better team. I know nothing about Rolfe but I hope they just lose cohesiveness and play even worse for that reason.

I don't know much about Rolfe either. Checking the DC site, he's a long time veteran. He's in his third year as a regular starter up front for them, with 10 goals last season. This year has been a slow start. No goals and subbed out of each game. Before DC, he was a regular starter at Chicago for many years. He's basically been an solid, not spectacular, MLS-lifer, except for parts of 3 seasons in the Danish Superliga. Over a decade of being a starting forward in MLS.

In his place, we will see Acosta (a 21-year old Argentine) and Saborio (the 34-year-old vet from Costa Rica), who have each played a lot this year, but started on-and-off. I don't think we will see a dropoff.

Reactions: JCMore
I don't know much about Rolfe either. Checking the DC site, he's a long time veteran. He's in his third year as a regular starter up front for them, with 10 goals last season. This year has been a slow start. No goals and subbed out of each game. Before DC, he was a regular starter at Chicago for many years. He's basically been an solid, not spectacular, MLS-lifer, except for parts of 3 seasons in the Danish Superliga. Over a decade of being a starting forward in MLS.

In his place, we will see Acosta (a 21-year old Argentine) and Saborio (the 34-year-old vet from Costa Rica), who have each played a lot this year, but started on-and-off. I don't think we will see a dropoff.
I seem to recall that Rolfe may have scored against us last year. He was definitely one of the more antagonizing guys on their team as far as forays against our defense.

Here is this week's preview of the DC United match. Leah was excited by this past week's realization of a strategic vision, so she joins me for the first minute or so. She also has a rant at the end about a topic that will resonate with many here.

Note: we recorded before the announcement that Rolfe would be out, but didn't think it warranted going back and re-recording.

Jeez, those Acosta assists scare me. You know damn well Hernandez is gonna be tugging on some jerseys in the box this weekend if he's allowed to fire off peaches like those.

During his time in Chicago Rolfe was very hot and cold. When he had his touch he could score goals with precise placement, but when he would either loose his touch or confidence and then look out. I've never seen a player send wide open looks 5' over the bar as much often as him. The season Chicago picked up Magee, Rolfe started pressing for goals and couldn't get a shot on frame to save his life. Since he seems to be slumping this year we may be missing him during one of his bad stretches. That being said he's a very good passer, great at finding open space in the attack and makes others around him better so it's hard to say if its a plus or minus that we wont be facing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.