Away 06/06 - Union

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is ore like this folks ...

These three players are out - Williams, Calle and Mix, who happens to be out for international duty with America, while the other two players are not doing anything patriotic but are rather hurt, or lazy, or just not ready, or kreis is just being kreis, or whatever.

Is that right?

To clarify as others have.
Williams- out- likely injured or from the problems he had before
Calle- out- still injured
Mix- gone on international duty
Shelton- doubtful

Williams does have something seriously wrong with him. I don't care if he thinks he is 100% I think Kreis is right to be skeptical.

As for Calle, are we insinuating that NYC is lying about injury?

Calle is definitely not on international duty. However, some have insinuated that he may be another Mendoza bound for home in South America.

Reactions: Kjbert
Williams does have something seriously wrong with him. I don't care if he thinks he is 100% I think Kreis is right to be skeptical.

No, just that he's not on international duty.

Turning now to our opponents, the Union are playing their best football in a long time. They have won 3 out of 4, all 3 of which are clean sheets, and those wins come against the likes of Columbus, New Jersey and DC. Also, over that 4 game stretch 3 of their guys (Sapong, Noguiera and Le Toux) each have 2 goals scored, so they aren't relying on 1 guy to carry the offense. We desperately need 3 pts but a draw will actually be a good result in Philly under these circumstances (especially with no Mix).

Reactions: Goodfella
Turning now to our opponents, the Union are playing their best football in a long time. They have won 3 out of 4, all 3 of which are clean sheets, and those wins come against the likes of Columbus, New Jersey and DC. Also, over that 4 game stretch 3 of their guys (Sapong, Noguiera and Le Toux) each have 2 goals scored, so they aren't relying on 1 guy to carry the offense. We desperately need 3 pts but a draw will actually be a good result in Philly under these circumstances (especially with no Mix).
Yeah Union is riding a big high. While a win is needed I would be extremely happy if we got a point out of it. I mean they beat Crew and DC. Their not slackers.

Le Toux, Nogiura & Sapong all look really dangerous.

Injury Report from NYCFC:

New York City FC
  • Javier Calle (right quad strain) -- OUT
  • Josh Williams (left adductor strain) -- OUT
  • George John (right knee) -- OUT
  • Tony Taylor (left ACL rupture) -- OUT
  • Khiry Shelton (left MCL sprain) -- DOUBTFUL
Philadelphia Union
  • Andre Blake (right knee meniscectomy recovery) -- OUT
  • Michael Lahoud (right quad tear) -- OUT
  • Steven Vitoria (left knee strain) -- QUESTIONABLE
  • Antoine Hoppenot (left hamstring strain) -- QUESTIONABLE
  • Conor Casey (left quad strain) -- QUESTIONABLE
  • Fernando Aristeguieta (left fibula contusion) -- QUESTIONABLE
  • Ethan White (left groin strain) -- QUESTIONABLE
It's odd that they forgot to mention Mix, then again he doesn't have an injury.

Injury Report from NYCFC:

New York City FC
It's odd that they forgot to mention Mix, then again he doesn't have an injury.

Mix should be listed on the other team's injury report after the hurt he put on Netherlands today. He was very good.

Makes me sad all over again that he's so wasted on our club.

Villa, I could care less about wasting - he's old and has championships. Mix is the guy coming into his best years, and he has no help.

Get the man a defensive midfielder!

Mix should be listed on the other team's injury report after the hurt he put on Netherlands today. He was very good.

Makes me sad all over again that he's so wasted on our club.

Villa, I could care less about wasting - he's old and has championships. Mix is the guy coming into his best years, and he has no help.

Get the man a defensive midfielder!
And he was most noticeable around the 18. He needs to be a cam.

And he was most noticeable around the 18. He needs to be a cam.
He puts in good work defensively, so I'd hate to give that up by using him as a traditional 10, but I do agree that he is at his best in the final 30 yards with opportunities to demonstrate and maximize his calmness on the ball.

Seeing him operate with Bradley beside him and having an athletic defensive destroyer like Williams behind them shows how much our weak midfield really stifles him.

I didn't get this out fully in my interview with Andres Emilio Soto , but if we were close to competing for a playoff spot, I'd really want us to get a destroyer over Pirlo. As it is, we aren't, so I am all for playing Hollywood ball.

Even without that, we need another quality midfielder. Our lineup looks so much different if you could slot someone like - oh,I don't know, Lampard, maybe??? - right there in midfield with Mix. With two decent CMs, we could maybe play that 4-3-3 that can collapse to the 4-1-4-1 with your wide mids applying high pressure or helping cover for our piss poor fullbacks. It would also keep people who are absolutely hapless in attack out of our offensive third a bit more.

Le sigh.

Here's how bad we are: Will Bruin, who plays for Dynamo, has 5 goals more than David Villa. We're that bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andres Emilio Soto
Status
Not open for further replies.