Away - 07/05 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: Kjbert
Interesting how early the team is headed out, don't they usually fly two days before and not three - spending at least one extra night in a hotel.

Have we used any charter flights yet?

Haven't seen any social media posts from what would be charter planes nor have there been social media posts at times that would reflect taking a charter planes.

But I imagine flying cross country and cross border, the team wants enough time to recover and get acclimated to the time change.

Late game. Jet lag?
That's my guess, but I don't know how long it takes to acclimate. Almost wonder if that's the concern if going out a few days ago would've been better?

Haven't seen any social media posts from what would be charter planes nor have there been social media posts at times that would reflect taking a charter planes.

But I imagine flying cross country and cross border, the team wants enough time to recover and get acclimated to the time change.
Vancouver has to be the longest flight we take, so I could imagine it had to be discussed even if then dismissed. For the taller players, sitting in coach for the length of the flight would be pretty annoying.

Vancouver has to be the longest flight we take, so I could imagine it had to be discussed even if then dismissed. For the taller players, sitting in coach for the length of the flight would be pretty annoying.

We only know the flight rule applies to charter flights. Who says the front office can't buy out the entire first class cabin or full rows and give the taller player the entire side of the plane so they can lie down?

We only know the flight rule applies to charter flights. Who says the front office can't buy out the entire first class cabin or full rows and give the taller player the entire side of the plane so they can lie down?
Pretty sure that it was reported either last year or our first year that the DPs have the option to buy their own first class tickets but they didn't to show solidarity. Not sure if that was a DP perk or simply they had the money to burn compared to players 23-28 (and probably 15-22) who need to have roommates to survive.

Pretty sure that it was reported either last year or our first year that the DPs have the option to buy their own first class tickets but they didn't to show solidarity. Not sure if that was a DP perk or simply they had the money to burn compared to players 23-28 (and probably 15-22) who need to have roommates to survive.

Or David Villa could show he's a real captain and give his DP first class seat to 6'7" Eirik Johansen, who aside from Rawls and maybe Vieira are the only ones who need it.

Or David Villa could show he's a real captain and give his DP first class seat to 6'7" Eirik Johansen, who aside from Rawls and maybe Vieira are the only ones who need it.
After last game, Eirik needs practice in getting up quickly from uncomfortable/contorted positions. Put him in the aisle seat with his two rowmates drinking water non-stop so he has to constantly stand/sit.

Okay...Kwame Awuah posted an Instagram story 7 hours ago on the plane to Vancouver. I'm assuming this was posted from the departure airport before the flight. 7 hours ago puts us at ~7 PM ET.

The only direct flights to Vancouver around this time were:
Air Canada leaving from Newark at 7:24 PM arriving at 9:32 PM
Delta leaving from JFK at 7:10 PM arriving at 9:49 PM

Alex Callens also posted an Instagram story 10 hours ago from what looks to be an airpot as there are lines and a baby in a traveling car seat. The time of this post would also put together a timeline for an international trip.

So based on previous flights for the team, I would educated guess that NYCFC flew on Delta from JFK.

Did anyone watch the videos of the Chicago goals against Vancouver? Vancouver players looked like traffic cones. No pressure on the ball whatsoever. (It was meant to show how amazing Chicago is when passing the ball).

For those interested in the teams schedule for this trip.

Date: Sunday, July 2

Time: 12:00pm

Date: Monday, July 3

Time: 2pm

Date: Tuesday, July 4

Time: TBA

Date: Wednesday, July 5

Time: 10:00pm ET vs. Vancouver Whitecaps

Date: Thursday, July 6

Time: Travel to NYC

Date: Friday, July 7

Time: Off

For those interested in the teams schedule for this trip.

Date: Sunday, July 2

Time: 12:00pm

Date: Monday, July 3

Time: 2pm

Date: Tuesday, July 4

Time: TBA

Date: Wednesday, July 5

Time: 10:00pm ET vs. Vancouver Whitecaps

Date: Thursday, July 6

Time: Travel to NYC

Date: Friday, July 7

Time: Off
Wow, that 12pm midday practice yesterday must've been a real kick in the nuts with the temps where they were.

After last game, Eirik needs practice in getting up quickly from uncomfortable/contorted positions. Put him in the aisle seat with his two rowmates drinking water non-stop so he has to constantly stand/sit.
A few months ago, I coincidentally ended up on the flight back with the team. It was a relatively short flight, but they gave Eirik the one row that was empty to himself (watching him try to sit in the regular coach sit with someone next to him had been pretty amusing). Maybe they were cutting him too much slack!

Okay...Kwame Awuah posted an Instagram story 7 hours ago on the plane to Vancouver. I'm assuming this was posted from the departure airport before the flight. 7 hours ago puts us at ~7 PM ET.

The only direct flights to Vancouver around this time were:
Air Canada leaving from Newark at 7:24 PM arriving at 9:32 PM
Delta leaving from JFK at 7:10 PM arriving at 9:49 PM

Alex Callens also posted an Instagram story 10 hours ago from what looks to be an airpot as there are lines and a baby in a traveling car seat. The time of this post would also put together a timeline for an international trip.

So based on previous flights for the team, I would educated guess that NYCFC flew on Delta from JFK.
50/50 so you were close, but they were on Air Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.