Away - 07/05 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those interested in the teams schedule for this trip.

Date: Sunday, July 2

Time: 12:00pm

Date: Monday, July 3

Time: 2pm

Date: Tuesday, July 4

Time: TBA

Date: Wednesday, July 5

Time: 10:00pm ET vs. Vancouver Whitecaps

Date: Thursday, July 6

Time: Travel to NYC

Date: Friday, July 7

Time: Off

Any idea what the schedule is going to look like for the Gold Cup break? Any friendly scheduled with a college team or something?

Reactions: Kjbert
Any idea what the schedule is going to look like for the Gold Cup break? Any friendly scheduled with a college team or something?
We were rumored to have one with Venezia so I won't be shocked if that's announced this week.

Okay...Kwame Awuah posted an Instagram story 7 hours ago on the plane to Vancouver. I'm assuming this was posted from the departure airport before the flight. 7 hours ago puts us at ~7 PM ET.

The only direct flights to Vancouver around this time were:
Air Canada leaving from Newark at 7:24 PM arriving at 9:32 PM
Delta leaving from JFK at 7:10 PM arriving at 9:49 PM

Alex Callens also posted an Instagram story 10 hours ago from what looks to be an airpot as there are lines and a baby in a traveling car seat. The time of this post would also put together a timeline for an international trip.

So based on previous flights for the team, I would educated guess that NYCFC flew on Delta from JFK.
you either have a lot of free time or you're a detective

They release the schedules a few days before the week starts. There were rumors of a friendly against a Mexican team during the summer but it was fake news

They release the schedules a few days before the week starts. There were rumors of a friendly against a Mexican team during the summer but it was fake news

I actually emailed by rep if there was going to be a travel package for a friendly like last year in Mexico. He told me nothing on the calendar.

David Villa posted an instagram from the team bus either to or from training. Maxi is in Vancouver and dressed for training.

Also, he and David Villa have grown out the same facial hair and they are twinning.

David Villa posted an instagram from the team bus either to or from training. Maxi is in Vancouver and dressed for training.

Also, he and David Villa have grown out the same facial hair and they are twinning.
I would be fine with Maxi getting an extra 2 weeks unless he's unquestionably 100%.

I would be fine with Maxi getting an extra 2 weeks unless he's unquestionably 100%.

I didn't even want him on the plane to Vancouver. I don't think we need him for this match. Let him stay, rest up, and train in New York.

Would he better off getting some minutes on Wednesday to stay in game shape, or would the 2 weeks off negate that anyway?

You answered your own question.

Herc Gomez who called that Vancouver Whitecaps would win MLS Cup picks them over us on Wednesday because David Villa and the boys can't do it on turf.

http://www.espnfc.com/major-league-soccer/19/video/3152665/mls-predictor-big-midweek-showdowns

Outside of Orlando 2015 and 2016, what's our record on turf?

Win at Portland in 2016. Win at Seattle in 2016. Win at Vancouver in 2015. Since inception we are 5-2-0 (W-L-D) vs. Cascadia. Since 2016, we are 4-0-0.

ESPN should have laid off this guy when they had to make cuts.

so you mean their sort of like...

tumblr_o0j4rt3DF91tpiz6bo2_1280.jpg

I'd still consider resting him longer - at most a 10-15min cameo at the end of the match. Just log training minutes for fitness until the international break is over.

Good point. We're in striking distance of a top 2 spot. We have a nice long break coming up. Get him 100% healthy for the stretch run. We're gonna need him for TFC and Chicago.

Good point. We're in striking distance of a top 2 spot. We have a nice long break coming up. Get him 100% healthy for the stretch run. We're gonna need him for TFC and Chicago.
We're in striking distance of the top spot. Those head to head matches can move the pile a lot between the three teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.