• Connor Brandt - OUT
  • Shannon Gomez - OUT
  • Steven Mendoza - QUESTIONABLE
  • Ronald Matarrita - QUESTIONABLE
  • Khiry Shelton - OUT
Red Bulls

• Kemal Lawrence - OUT
  • Gideon Bah - OUT

And yet, as evidenced by the existence of this forum for example, there has never before been an era where there was more limitless free expression. Almost everyone in this country and most people on the planet have access to virtually unlimited publishing platforms.

At the same time, there has never been (nor should there be) freedom to shout fire in a crowded theater. At a time when gun bravado is wreaking havoc both from and toward police officers, presenting a locked and loaded tifo to me seems unnecessary.

Please feel free to respond. Out of respect for this being off topic, I'll leave this as my last comment.
I also keep it brief and stop here. Apart from laws and rules this country has benefited greatly from cultural and social norms that valued free expression. Those norms are slipping away and even under attack by those who should most protect it. And the fire in a theater analogy is overrated, misunderstood, and way, way overused.
Done. Out. And Cheers!

Turning back to stupid tifo ideas, I wonder if they might take their lead from whiny coach Marsch and attack the Blue Hawks for inappropriate celebration after the last game.

Reactions: JayH
I forgot from last year... You can use metrocards for the path train right? God I hate going to Jersey

Turning back to stupid tifo ideas, I wonder if they might take their lead from whiny coach Marsch and attack the Blue Hawks for inappropriate celebration after the last game.
I think that's a good possibility and a bad idea, along with the possibility of pulling on the Marsch thread that we are babied by the refs (which would be great because that would certainly backfire). Or a picture of the sun shining on the ass of a dog in a blue jersey referencing our last win, and you know the saying.

Reactions: mgarbowski
March continues to be ridiculous. Dax remains cool.

“It’s a reminder – there are several things that happened after both games that are reminders for us,” March said. “The way that our club has handled this and the way their club has handled this. It’s important to understand what our values are and how it contrasts with their values. It will be a battle of will on the field, of philosophy, of tactics and ultimately of identity as an organization. This is who we are and we want to show that we believe it’s the right way to do things.”

Earlier, Marsch had specified what he perceived as insulting post-match comments by Villa after the 7-0 victory. And while neither side will discuss the incident on record, there was a tunnel confrontation after the first match involving players and staff.

Rivalries are often built on dislike.

“We don’t like them,” interjected Marsch. “No doubt. No question. We don’t like them."

Asked if the Villa Instagram photo would serve as inspiration for Sunday, Dax McCarty was adamant.

“That stuff is all crap, it doesn’t mean anything to me,” said the RBNY captain. “I don’t mind them celebrating it one bit – we celebrated after we won our game. It just shows you it means a little bit more to both teams.”

McCarty also admitted that’s City’s breakthrough in the derby enhanced the spirit of future matches.

“Their victory, while it sucked for us and it hurt, made the rivalry more real,” said McCarty who scored two head ball goals in the game one thrashing. “They had to win a game against us to make it more competitive. We always knew it was competitive, but now with them in first place and in really good form, it means more to us now – and it means a hell of a lot to the fans.”
http://www.empireofsoccer.com/crooks-soccer-journal-the-new-york-rivalry-is-real-51510/

If you haven't heard the audio of Marsch whining from earlier in the week, please listen to it. Whiney ***** at its finest. He sounds like a crying toddler whose toy was taken away.

What a fine specimen of ***** he is.

Giovinco has suddenly found his scoring boots again, so I think Villa needs to score a brace tomorrow, make sure he stays ahead in the Golden Boot race

If you haven't heard the audio of Marsch whining from earlier in the week, please listen to it. Whiney ***** at its finest. He sounds like a crying toddler whose toy was taken away.

What a fine specimen of ***** he is.

Superb use of the C word!!

I have found that the use of that word in the USA is gender specific but in the Commonwealth and South American countries I have worked in it's gender neutral and can be spouted at will. FWIW.

I've never been to RBA before and unfortunately have to rush tomorrow since I am traveling with a friend whose church job on the UWS gets out around 11:15.

Options are:

1). Take WTC PATH to Harrison, arrive around 12:15 if no delays

-is it possible to get a pregame drink near there in a place that is not an absolute zoo?

2). Take 12:07 NJ Transit to Newark Penn Station

- enjoy a beer on train and possibly very quick stop at a bar along the way but - do we make it to the game on time if it is slightly delayed and arrives at Newark Penn at say, 12:40?

How is entry to the stadium? Comparable to YS or faster? I've heard concession lines are rough at well attended games at RBA which is why I am so focused on pregaming.

I haven't been this excited for a game since the 2015 opener.

Status
Not open for further replies.