Away - 07/24 RBNJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work with Audi and just got an email that they are offering up a ton of tickets...up to 4 to employees and associates for the game. For FREE too lol. I would've thought these tix would be hard to come by...guess they need help unloading them.

I work with Audi and just got an email that they are offering up a ton of tickets...up to 4 to employees and associates for the game. For FREE too lol. I would've thought these tix would be hard to come by...guess they need help unloading them.
That's a bit pathetic that they're Free (and up to 4 per person).... it's questionable enough to offer 2 tickets when purchasing $50 of Modell's merchandise, but that's at least synergy between partner companies to move product. The Audi giveaway is just philanthropy to a terminal cause.

Reactions: Kjbert
Lots of tickets left but unless you're getting yours through SG's, you'll pay a premium. The scumbags at RB were nice enough to increase the price of single match end line tickets in the upper bowl 83% from $30 to $55. Screwing their own non STH fans in the process as well.
Where will all the NYCFC fans sit? I want to buy tickets don't know which section..

I am going but not sitting with supporters. I will sit midfield.

I wonder if we keep a defensive shape again with a White or Hernandez at RB. Their press calls for guys who can play with the ball at their feet. Not confident about Mena at CB but it is what it is now.

Reactions: NYCisBlue_
Hoping for:

McNamara, Villa, Harrison;
Pirlo, Iraola, Lampard;
Allen, Mena, Brillant, Chanot

If Matarrita can go, start him at left back and swap Allen to right back. I'm not sure I'd want Chanot starting at center back yet after just one week of practice at most. But the week after I want to see this backline:

Matarrita, Chanot, Brillant, Allen

Hoping for:

McNamara, Villa, Harrison;
Pirlo, Iraola, Lampard;
Allen, Mena, Brillant, Chanot

If Matarrita can go, start him at left back and swap Allen to right back. I'm not sure I'd want Chanot starting at center back yet after just one week of practice at most. But the week after I want to see this backline:

Matarrita, Chanot, Brillant, Allen
Do we have any idea what sort of shape Chanot is in? Has he played at all since May?

I am eager to see him too, but my guess is that he will have a longer breaking in period than we all hope.

Last edited:
Do we have any idea what sort of shape Chanot is in? Has he played at all since May?

I am eager to see him too, but my guess is that he will have a longer breaking in period than we all hope.

Vieira pulled Matarrita from the lineup for the second Red Bull game for set-piece purposes, so he'll probably do the same with a recovering Matarrita next week. So take your pick at right back: Hernandez, White, or Chanot? I'm hopeful, perhaps aggressively, that Chanot at 80% would probably be better than Hernandez or White at right back again.

If he definitely can't give 60-90 minutes right away, maybe he serves as the third CB that subs in for McNamara or whoever to protect a lead. I think that's a role that's perfect for Mena moving forward, with Hernandez getting completely squeezed out, but for now Mena remains the starter for the next 1-3 weeks while Chanot gets up to speed.

As someone who rooted for that disgusting organization that they call a soccer team in jersey for many years. I have stated this to you all, the red bulls are a weak minded team. This is exactly what Dax is saying. He knows they are in for a hurting. The league has figured them out, or I should say Jesse Marsche out. If you pressure the red bulls they will crumble. They like to try and bully teams with pressure but once you do it to them, they back off. Look at our last game vs them when we won 2-0. We pressured them all day and night, and I hope the same happens this weekend.

Reactions: Goodfella and JayH
wow, someone must want out this transfer window. Isn't he the captain? who lambasts his team publicly like that. Even if you are thinking it you don't give the media anything like that. You say the cliche stuff and get out of the room.

That's who the Red Bulls are. They are a team that plays best with a chip on their collective shoulders. They are best when the feel they have something to prove and then go out there with that bit of extra effort, pressure and physicality. The problem is that when teams match that extra punch, then the Red Bulls can be beaten. Dax is just pushing the team's buttons - nothing different than Marsch is doing behind closed doors.

We know we will get their best shot. We have to be ready to play hard and tough and not yield anything.

I've been saying for a while that they're a really average team - a one-hit wonder with a non-sustainable high-tempo attack. As S1ARK5 S1ARK5 said above, their mentally fragile because they don't have a Plan B and their defenders are mediocre at best. Their only hope is for the Ref to allow their rough/tumble play to slide through without calling fouls.

We need to score quickly and get in their heads and then bear down with our boots on their proverbial necks once they start to crumble.

Pretty common, and often leads to positive results in coming matches.

In the past they haven't been so angry at themselves - it was more weighted towards the opponent "we're going to come out and set the tempo on the other team and let them know we're here" rather than "we suck and we're playing like little kids."

Reactions: JayH
I've been saying for a while that they're a really average team - a one-hit wonder with a non-sustainable high-tempo attack. As S1ARK5 S1ARK5 said above, their mentally fragile because they don't have a Plan B and their defenders are mediocre at best. Their only hope is for the Ref to allow their rough/tumble play to slide through without calling fouls.

We need to score quickly and get in their heads and then bear down with our boots on their proverbial necks once they start to crumble.

In the past they haven't been so angry at themselves - it was more weighted towards the opponent "we're going to come out and set the tempo on the other team and let them know we're here" rather than "we suck and we're playing like little kids."
Damn, dude. You never learn. Here comes the beatdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.