Away - August 20 - Red Bulls (Postgame)

#ronnieOut.

uninspired. predictable. UGLY style of play. Would be nice if we even tried to play a beautiful style, but we couldn't even do that. kick and run while parking the bus. how does that even work?

I'm looking forward to the blowout on Monday vs Columbus. I'm thinking 4-0 at least.

Wasn't on Chapman, and I can understand that goal being given. (Though I don't think it was a goal.)
We didn't deserve to win tonight, and we didn't.
Shit performance, shit manager. When is the club going to pull the trigger? We are better than this shit. The earlier we pull the trigger, the faster the players can "restart" so to speak before the season really picks up.

Reactions: Yankeedom
#RonnyOut is the only thing I can muster after this game, This man made me not even mad about the game, but unfeeling. First time in a long time where I don't care about watching the team. Probably won't stop watching because I love torturing myself and I always back the players but fuck something needs to change and it has got to be Ronny getting fired

I know johnson will Take the blame but man the game plan was terrible. A whole bunch of long balls, like why? We dont have tall players they cant win the ball that way. they barely played the ball on the ground to make plays everything was long balls which was frustrating.

they also barely attacked in the first half they all staying behind the halfway line , were they really going for the counter? Another things they never were good at. Fire they guy but i know they wont until at least end of season.

Reactions: Kjbert
It looks like everyone is trying to learn a system that doesnt work.

Sands and Ring are not the guys to get the ball into dangerous spots to the wingbacks and it didnt look like Parks was even trying to get the ball wide. If you are going to attack up the wings why play with wingbacks?

The 3-5-2 (3-5-1-1) would work better with Maxi, but part of being a good coach is putting your players in a position to succeed. Ronny didnt do that tonight. To the extent he made adjustments at halftime they were bad adjustments That wasnt fun to watch and RB outplayed us.

I called a 1-0 NJ win in around the... 54th minute or so. We were failing to capitalize on the chances we were creating and NJ was doing enough that we'd inevitably make a mistake and concede.

Deila hesitated to make any changes after going down the goal, and NJ grew into their pressing game with their new confidence.

After finally getting some subs on the field, we couldn't either break NJ's press or win possession back once we'd coughed up the ball. NJ's, like, 4 guys pressuring the ball carrier left enormous amounts of space open, but our guys couldn't either see the pass or play their way out under pressure.

And for the record I think Hawkeye would have ruled this goal out but I completely understand it being given by a couple of guys looking at a monitor and going "I mean, I guess it looks over, right?".

Reactions: Kenny
I called a 1-0 NJ win in around the... 54th minute or so. We were failing to capitalize on the chances we were creating and NJ was doing enough that we'd inevitably make a mistake and concede.

Deila hesitated to make any changes after going down the goal, and NJ grew into their pressing game with their new confidence.

After finally getting some subs on the field, we couldn't either break NJ's press or win possession back once we'd coughed up the ball. NJ's, like, 4 guys pressuring the ball carrier left enormous amounts of space open, but our guys couldn't either see the pass or play their way out under pressure.

And for the record I think Hawkeye would have ruled this goal out but I completely understand it being given by a couple of guys looking at a monitor and going "I mean, I guess it looks over, right?".

It wasn't a goal by rule or by VAR standard. By rule, the ball must fully cross the line as viewed from above (see https://www.theifab.com/laws/chapter/30/section/82/). By VAR standard, an overturn via an on-field review must be the result of a clear and obvious error.

That noted, a 0-0 draw does nothing to change the underlying issues. No invention, no intention, no fun.

How many of our players are playing as good or better than they were last year?

johnson has taken a step back
Callens needs to be on the bench. Sands looks like completely out of it. timnerholm is a mess.
Ring looks terrible. Absolutely awful. He should be on the bench.
Mitrita doesn’t see the field. Maxi doesn’t want to play for the coach.
Heber looks like a project. Taty has taken two steps back.

our best player is Matarrita. He’s been terrific.

Reactions: Schwallacus
How many of our players are playing as good or better than they were last year?

johnson has taken a step back
Callens needs to be on the bench. Sands looks like completely out of it. timnerholm is a mess.
Ring looks terrible. Absolutely awful. He should be on the bench.
Mitrita doesn’t see the field. Maxi doesn’t want to play for the coach.
Heber looks like a project. Taty has taken two steps back.

our best player is Matarrita. He’s been terrific.
I agree with all of this. Plus, Medina is better than he was last year. He's now better than a pastrami sandwich. To the extent that anything is better than a pastrami sandwich.

can we just cut our losses with Ronnie? the guy is as indifferent as ever when he talks about the team. doesn't even crack a smile. whatever he says amounts to nothing more than platitudes. We keep saying his "system" doesn't work, but I'm not so sure he even has a system. With Dome, he ripped apart the rigid structure Patrick built but even early in the season when everyone was all "DomeOut", there was "some" direction and even the harshest critics could see that there was indeed a system. I don't see that with Ronnie. He's lost. His subs make no sense. In my view, the guys do NOT want to play for him. When he first arrived, they were all gung ho and said they liked his energy but now I think it's changed for whatever reason.

We were down a goal and we had no urgency going forward in a derby.

Give Cushing the job and sack Ronnie before things get worse. I guarantee Cushing plays the true City style, not this bullshit Ronnie thinks is "similar to how we played last year". it's not similar at all. it's everything Dome used to complain about after poor performances: defending too deep and hitting too many long balls.