Barclays Premier League 15/16

Meh.

This is why I'd rather have playoffs.

Leicester won the title without winning themselves and without even being on the field where it was won.

That's so anti-climatic and unfitting for what should be an epic moment for them.

Meh.

Leicester won the title without winning themselves and without even being on the field where it was won.

That's so anti-climatic and unfitting for what should be an epic moment for them.
Because going from last place April 2015 to losing only 3 times in 36 games is boring and hasn't inspired anyone outside of Leicester. Because a week after week race between the top two teams is so cliche. It would have been better if the last month of games for Leicester and the Spurs were meaningless because they clinched a playoff spot in March. Let's keep the season interest where it belongs, among mediocrities fighting for the 10th and last wildcard slot. It would be that much more exciting if the focus were on Stoke, Watford and Everton for the last 2 months. Then if we got really lucky maybe one of them gets hot for 3-4 games and we can discuss how amazing it is that a team with a negative goal differential for the season is in the final. And if they win they really won it. No backing in.
I'm sure that's better, and the video of Leicester players and fans revealed nothing but anticlimax.

Meh.

Playoffs are great. But the story this season (and last) is still incredible. Still, you won't have a finish to a season like Man City in 2012. #AGUEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Meh.

Isn't it pretty unfair if you have a team who are good enough to win the league with games to spare to then turn around to them and go "sorry, but that doesn't prove anything. You're not the best team unless you win a knock-out competition on top"? Anything can happen in knock-out competitions, but the best team overall always wins the league.

Isn't it pretty unfair if you have a team who are good enough to win the league with games to spare to then turn around to them and go "sorry, but that doesn't prove anything. You're not the best team unless you win a knock-out competition on top"? Anything can happen in knock-out competitions, but the best team overall always wins the league.
They backed into a championship.

Nothing more Euro-soccer I guess than neither of the top two teams winning or losing but still crowning a champion anyway.

Oh well, I guess we turn our attention to that terrible little knockout tournament, Champions League, that the best teams in Europe (Madrids, Barca, Bayern) always seem to dominate.

They must be really lucky.

image.jpg

Reactions: CatNYC
Spurs fan here, what an awful meltdown today but hopefully Poch can make it a teaching moment for next year. Things still looking up for Spurs. Congrats leicester, amazing story and can't begrudge them the 'ship.

Nothing more Euro-soccer I guess than neither of the top two teams winning or losing but still crowning a champion anyway.

Oh well, I guess we turn our attention to that terrible little knockout tournament, Champions League, that the best teams in Europe (Madrids, Barca, Bayern) always seem to dominate.

Porto won it in 2004 and Liverpool and Chelsea also won it despite not finishing in the top four in the PL. Real Madrid narrowly got past Wolfsburg this season and they're currently 10th in the Bundesliga.

Reactions: Paul
Spurs fan here, what an awful meltdown today but hopefully Poch can make it a teaching moment for next year. Things still looking up for Spurs.
it's NOT over yet with 2 more games and Arsenal just 3 points behind. I'm hoping for a Man City win this weekend cuz I don't see Arsenal dropping points against Aston Villa on the final Sunday.

I won't rest until we've staved off St. Totteringham's Day.

Reactions: NYCFCfan

They backed into a championship? Do you even know what that means? They played on different days, so if Spurs had lost on Saturday and Leicester tied on Monday, you'd say it was a different result? Leicester did what they had to do and Spurs didn't - how can you discount having the most points and wins in the league - 3 more wins than anybody else and no other team can match it by the end of the season? That's just so un-math-like.

This honestly won't be remembered as much as it should have been because of that ending.

"And Leicester won the improbable title when Leicester had a draw and the following day, Tottenham had a draw...."

I mean...zzzzzzzz.....what a horrible ending.

This would be the equivalent of Game of Thrones ending with the White Walkers and Jon Snow/Danny's armies just shrugging their shoulders and going home.

Terrible, terrible ending.

This is an epic title but the way 2012 ManC won felt more epic because of the way they won it. On the field, with an amazing win, at the death. The way god intended it.

Reactions: FootyLovin
This honestly won't be remembered as much as it should have been because of that ending.

"And Leicester won the improbable title when Leicester had a draw and the following day, Tottenham had a draw...."

I mean...zzzzzzzz.....what a horrible ending.

This would be the equivalent of Game of Thrones ending with the White Walkers and Jon Snow/Danny's armies just shrugging their shoulders and going home.

Terrible, terrible ending.

This is an epic title but the way 2012 ManC won felt more epic because of the way they won it. On the field, with an amazing win, at the death. The way god intended it.
I think Daenerys would just settle right now for figuring out how to get home, since at the moment she's currently faced with life at the Horse Lords' Nursing Home and her harbor of ships was turned to toast. Little does she know a new armada will be sailing from Pyke to offer her an Uber.

Reactions: Schwallacus