Bronx Bomber Supporters Club

doobie_rockz

Registered
Apr 17, 2014
Hey guys, Dave here from the Bronx! Very excited to start fresh with the MLS. Got into soccer very late in life. Played FIFA World Cup 2006 and was terrible at it. Two years later I watched the Euro Cup finals and got my first taste of football. 2010 started watching religiously and haven't stopped. I met a Brit who I fancied and she was an Arsenal supporter, so I've been a fan of theirs for a bit now. I'm originally from the Bronx but was living in Salt Lake the passed 4 years working for NBC. I went to a ton of RSL matches but always supported RBNY. When I heard the Yankees were part owners i damn near did a back flip!! Them playing at Yankee stadium and the new stadium potentially being in the Bronx makes me want to support them more. I don't want to seem unloyal towards red bulls but I'll never cheer against the Yankees or anything they do so this move is the right move for me. Stoked to be a part of this since I'm pretty much a noob to soccer. Cheers guys

Hey Dave, glad you can join us. Don't worry about loyalties to RB. We've got plenty of RB crossovers, myself included. RB are a great team to watch and it's always fun to goto NJ to see a game. That's the problem though, they are a NJ team. If NY is your home town then NYCFC is your home team.

Hi Dave! Welcome!
We have similar paths. I too follow Arsenal and am a huge Yankee fan. I was a lukewarm RB fan as I awaited the day they would build a stadium in the city. We all know what happened there.
That is the same reason that although I am a 5th generation New Yorker, I have never been able to root for the Jets or Giants. Where you call home is important, Yankees, Mets, Rangers, Knicks , all quintessential New York teams.
I love the boldness of the Club to claim NYC as it's home. It should be a fun ride!

Reactions: Scott McCarthy
I was in the same situation as you and many others. I liked RB since it was the closest thing at the time, but because of RBA being in NJ I never attended a single game. As a Yankee fan who lives 25 mins away from the stadium, it's kind of a no brainer. Can't wait for next year.

Reactions: Scott McCarthy