Brooklyn Supporters Club & Bar?

Hey all! I've done a few searches, and haven't seen much done in Brooklyn. I would love to help formally organize a second Brooklyn focused supporters group, as well as find a bar or 2, get in touch and formalize partnerships. Can someone fill me in on the below:

- Has a Brooklyn specific supporters group been established?
- Have we chosen a set bar? IMO, we'd need 2-3 spread out throughout the borough
- Anyone else have interest in helping me formalize?

I'm new here, so please fill me in - and take no offense in my naivety; just want to get involved!

There is a Brooklyn thread in the Faction area, but you're right on all counts.

Nothing has officially been picked up, but I think it should be in the area around Atlantic Terminal/Barclays. Pretty easy hub for most people. Unfortunately the soccer bar in that area is already RBNY affiliated.

There is a place a block or two down from Barclays on 5th Ave called, McMahons that might be a good choice. I've watched some baseball games there and they have plenty of TV's. They also show all the PL matches. There is an upstairs too that might be cool.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/mcmahons-public-house-brooklyn

I'd be totally down to help setup something.

I'm in Sales for a living, and have no problem calling bars etc. to make sure we can form the RIGHT partnerships for deals, ensuring they are open and playing the games during match days etc. Sounds like you're in the know, SFphoto! Any chance you can help me answer the below questions also?

- Is it allowable, frowned upon, or "legal" to start an official Brooklyn supporters club, separate from the Third Rail? RBNY has a number of supporters clubs, and Brooklyn is larger than Manhattan in all respects.

- Do you agree we need 2-3 bars within our NYCFC "network" spread throughout Brooklyn? In my mind, one in Williamsburg and one near Atlantic / Prospect Heights / Park Slope to start.

- Does anything official have to be done to start a club?

If you want to pursue with me, feel free to email me @ jobaoneill@gmail.com - let's get it going!

John

Reactions: CP_Scouse
jobaoneill jobaoneill As far as I know there are no official or even unofficial Brooklyn based supporters groups. So go for it! You are more than welcome to use this thread or post a new thread in Supporters Factions to organize.

Third Rail does not have a Bk-based group either. There are a few supporter groups that operate independently from TR as well.

If you guys need any help let us know.

Great to know! Thank you for the insight einwindir einwindir - I've contacted the Yankees organization for official alignment, and will continue to reach out. Do you know of any supporters groups are setup as official, legal organizations or LLCs?
At the moment, only Third Rail are recognized as a legal non-profit. You can contact NYCFC to see what you need to do to be officially recognized through them as well.

I'm in Sales for a living, and have no problem calling bars etc. to make sure we can form the RIGHT partnerships for deals, ensuring they are open and playing the games during match days etc. Sounds like you're in the know, SFphoto! Any chance you can help me answer the below questions also?

- Is it allowable, frowned upon, or "legal" to start an official Brooklyn supporters club, separate from the Third Rail? RBNY has a number of supporters clubs, and Brooklyn is larger than Manhattan in all respects.

- Do you agree we need 2-3 bars within our NYCFC "network" spread throughout Brooklyn? In my mind, one in Williamsburg and one near Atlantic / Prospect Heights / Park Slope to start.

If you want to pursue with me, feel free to email me @ jobaoneill@gmail.com - let's get it going!

John

La Defense at Metrotech would be a great place to start, the always have soccer on.

John

Hey John,

Sorry, I totally fell off with this thread!

You can totally start a supporters club without any sanctioning whatsoever. I actually disagree with having 2-3 bars for Brooklyn people. I think that there should be a place centrally located that ALL Brooklyn supporters can flock to. If there are two or three, we are then factioning off the groups into neighborhoods instead of having on solid Brooklyn base. That's why I think the Atlantic Center terminal area is the ideal place. On top of that, I think bars would be way more into having us there if we can "guarantee" a good number of people are going to show up.

Scott suggested La Defense, which has been suggested a couple of times in the past. Seems like a cool place, but more of a brunch place than a bar a few dozen soccer fans can meet on a sunday afternoon for some drinks. To be fair, I have never been there. I also like Atlantic Terminal area because all the major routes go right through there (the G is close by) so no one would really even have to transfer trains.

I'm fully down with an independent group. The only reason to maybe keep TR in mind is because they were able to negotiate 10% off bar tabs at Nevada Smith's. They might be able to do that again haha.

Hey John,

Sorry, I totally fell off with this thread!

You can totally start a supporters club without any sanctioning whatsoever. I actually disagree with having 2-3 bars for Brooklyn people. I think that there should be a place centrally located that ALL Brooklyn supporters can flock to. If there are two or three, we are then factioning off the groups into neighborhoods instead of having on solid Brooklyn base. That's why I think the Atlantic Center terminal area is the ideal place. On top of that, I think bars would be way more into having us there if we can "guarantee" a good number of people are going to show up.

Scott suggested La Defense, which has been suggested a couple of times in the past. Seems like a cool place, but more of a brunch place than a bar a few dozen soccer fans can meet on a sunday afternoon for some drinks. To be fair, I have never been there. I also like Atlantic Terminal area because all the major routes go right through there (the G is close by) so no one would really even have to transfer trains.

I'm fully down with an independent group. The only reason to maybe keep TR in mind is because they were able to negotiate 10% off bar tabs at Nevada Smith's. They might be able to do that again haha.
You can work out a deal if you can guarantee a steady flow of business to a particular bar. Bars love selling beer and will do whatever they can to sell lots of it.

QUOTE]

Yeah, it's a little on the small side, but for world cup they had people sitting at the tables outside watching through the windows and played the games on a big projector screen. it's a tad small and the bar is secondary to the eatery, but a soccer friendly spot.

Yeah, it's a little on the small side, but for world cup they had people sitting at the tables outside watching through the windows and played the games on a big projector screen. it's a tad small and the bar is secondary to the eatery, but a soccer friendly spot.

This Wed come watch:
The Copa Del Rey
Watching it at Banter in Williamsburg
132 Havemeyer Street, Brooklyn, NY 11211
right by the L train (Bedford Av)
or the J/ M train ( Marcy Av)
game starts at 4:00 PM
I'll be there at 3:00 PM with @BrownBagSC

flyer.jpg