Nycfc Social Club (for Supporters Who Don't Want To Be In "supporter Culture")

Status
Not open for further replies.
...since there's an explanation I'm going to remove the post again and add the applicable note. Also going to shutdown this thread for further commenting on the grounds that there has been a proven interest and any further discussion is redundant.

1. So repetitive points get deleted? Sorry I'm being such a burden trying to add my points.

2. Saying "Actually, I mind in that the oversimplification and mischaracterization of our interests in your post speaks to exactly why this thread has become so popular so quickly." in response to a TRSC board member asking to put his voice out shows there is conflict. By ending with "Sorry for the terseness, but bringing this public on your terms was malicious at worst and ill-thought-out at best." adds to that.

3. None of my points were baseless. Give me a line and I'll provide evidence.

My two cents. Johnny, are you married, have kids, obligations, etc? If No, why are you here?
To me, the intentions of this group are very clear.
Hey, we don't want to be bothered with the singing, chanting, and other SG stuff but we want the feel of a group of guys going to the game together and sitting together and possibly bringing family/kids in a friendly environment.
Why is that so hard to understand and accept?
If the TR is really an Umbrella group why are we beating down the first group to come along and say hey we want to be an umbrella and pay our dues but do our own thing away from the sg atmosphere come game time.

Reactions: Gene and einwindir
1. So repetitive points get deleted? Sorry I'm being such a burden trying to add my points.

2. Saying "Actually, I mind in that the oversimplification and mischaracterization of our interests in your post speaks to exactly why this thread has become so popular so quickly." in response to a TRSC board member asking to put his voice out shows there is conflict. By ending with "Sorry for the terseness, but bringing this public on your terms was malicious at worst and ill-thought-out at best." adds to that.

Johnny,
1. You're welcome to contribute to the conversation. Unfortunately, we're past the point of justification/interest, and it's tiresome to for me and others around here to keep up with explaining something over and over to someone that's just here to criticize because we by definition don't really do intense.

So social is not your particular brand of bourbon, that's fine. We are not evangelical.

2. As all of the frustration was related to the inability to connect privately, I'm not going to continue to have what should be private conversations in public.

3. Mainly that anyone here has some problem with the board/wants their job/or anything like that. If you'll look at the pinned thread, there is nice message there from Samuel. If someone who wants to sit with me has a problem with a board member, I guess that doesn't preclude them.

I certainly don't have any reason to suspect anybody feels that way. If they do, so what? When you are an officer of an organization, you get criticized. Hell, apparently when you organize an email list for guys to hang out at a soccer match you get criticized. The board can have their positions for life, and I'd never raise a peep. I honestly can't be bothered by it. From what I know, they are good enough guys who are passionate enough and dedicated enough that they'll be just fine.

And don't worry about pointing out your evidence. Consider it so stipulated.

I'm not sure what your motive is here and why you continue to recite the same rhetoric over and over.
We are within the Third Rail umbrella. The only division between the groups are the ones comments like yours create.

The purpose of NYCFC Social is to allow supporters and season ticket holders to get together, have a unified voice that will give us the clout to "own" our own section. Just like TRSC has their standing-room only section? We want to expand the reach and include a dedicated SEATED supporters section.

There is no agenda here man. None-what-so-ever.

This thread is going to be locked. If you would like, feel free to start another discussion. If you would like to continue to discuss your feelings on the group in private please feel free to DM myself or Midas. I'm sure you know by now I'm quite active here and do my best to respond QUICKLY to any issues our members have.

Reactions: Scott McCarthy
Status
Not open for further replies.