Carolina Challenge Cup 2015 Megathread

I read a few comments on Twitter from Orlando fans bashing nycfc fans because we think of this cup as only a "friendly" and not give it the all importance it deserves.

What? Am I missing something since I didn't follow MLS before but how is this cup anything else outside a friendly tourney? Sure I'm sure happy to get invited and get some games in a tourney like atmosphere but I don't think it's overly important to win it as it will determine the success of the season.

I read a few comments on Twitter from Orlando fans bashing nycfc fans because we think of this cup as only a "friendly" and not give it the all importance it deserves.

What? Am I missing something since I didn't follow MLS before but how is this cup anything else outside a friendly tourney? Sure I'm sure happy to get invited and get some games in a tourney like atmosphere but I don't think it's overly important to win it as it will determine the success of the season.
While winning is nice, outside of Charleston, no one takes the CCC seriously.

It is 100% a friendly tourney.

Finally got some WiFi so here's an update on Charleston!

Watched the training session this morning and got to talk to some of the players as they were leaving. Players at training: Poku, Watson-Siriboe, Alvarez, Mullins, Meara, Fitzgerald, McNamara, Brandt, Facey, Dunn, Brovsky, Calle, Rawls. Looks like about half of the crew (starters perhaps) were getting some rest. A couple players had ice packs on after training: Dunn, McNamara, and Meara (obv).

It was so cool to see the team train in person after all these photo galleries! Looking forward to tonight!

So i guess the starters will be Saunders/Johansen, Williams, Hernandez, Mendoza, Wingert, Jacobsen, Grabavoy, Mix, Velasquez, Villa, Taylor/Nemec. Ballouchy or Shelton could be in there too

Finally got some WiFi so here's an update on Charleston!

Watched the training session this morning and got to talk to some of the players as they were leaving. Players at training: Poku, Watson-Siriboe, Alvarez, Mullins, Meara, Fitzgerald, McNamara, Brandt, Facey, Dunn, Brovsky, Calle, Rawls. Looks like about half of the crew (starters perhaps) were getting some rest. A couple players had ice packs on after training: Dunn, McNamara, and Meara (obv).

It was so cool to see the team train in person after all these photo galleries! Looking forward to tonight!

That sounds quality!! Was there many people watching the training today? Yeah the same thing with the game last week, so cool being able to see the team up close instead of photo albums we see all the time!

Have a great one!!

The team got back to me about merch. They're not selling anything at the tournament. Seems odd to me.

Reactions: SayWhat44
Was walking around today in downtown Charleston and saw someone rockin' an NYCFC jacket. He didn't see me and my son with our gear on, I would have given him an acknowledgement nod.
r7CgwRN.gif