Ccc Nycfc V Orlando Discussion

Game day, baby! What are you going to see/find out tonight?

I'm hoping to see a starting XI that plays at least 60-70 minutes together. I think we are close enough that 7 starting gate positions should be locked up.

Here's my starters for tonight:

Saunders
Wingert
Mendoza
Facey
Brodsky
Grabavoy
Jacobson
Mix
Velasquez
Villa
Taylor

I know Poku has been a favorite, but I think if the defensive midfielder is matching up against Kaka that Kreis will opt for experience over strength.

The Battery put up a preview article of the Orlandy/NYCFC game yesterday. It's somewhat biased towards Orlando but also kind of amusing. Nothing too offensive or newsworthy, but worth 90 seconds to click thru and read:

"Most of the media hype around this tournament involves these two teams. Orlando proved its worth by dominating USL PRO and breaking attendance records, developing a tough-minded, blue-collar approach that mirrored the attitudes of its fans. NYCFC, which paid the largest expansion fee in MLS history, remains largely enigmatic."

http://charlestonbattery.com/news/record-breaking-ccc15-kicks-off-saturday/

Yea there was some slick talk in that article.
"The boys in Manchester City blue". Guess they invented that color.

I think I like Villa playing with Mullins/Nemec better than Taylor. Villa and Taylor are similar players and I like the ability of Nemec/Mullins to hold up play and open things up for Villa/Taylor

So is any bar in the city going to stream this? I'd host us at my place, but my wife is sick and our place needs a thorough cleaning. Not sexist, as she doesn't clean anyway, but I can't impinge on her rest.

Maybe I'll start drinking Scotch now and get some FIFA time in on PS4. Should be able to play around 12 games and get through around 15 scotches by match time. So I'll likely have an exaggerated positive or negative spin, depending on my results. And how many times I get in trouble for yelling about EA scripting 90" goals to keep a good man down.

So is any bar in the city going to stream this? I'd host us at my place, but my wife is sick and our place needs a thorough cleaning. Not sexist, as she doesn't clean anyway, but I can't impinge on her rest.

Maybe I'll start drinking Scotch now and get some FIFA time in on PS4. Should be able to play around 12 games and get through around 15 scotches by match time. So I'll likely have an exaggerated positive or negative spin, depending on my results. And how many times I get in trouble for yelling about EA scripting 90" goals to keep a good man down.
TR is having a membership meeting at Nevada Smiths where it's supposed to be on.

Lol I think anyone can go.
Meanwhile add me on ps4 ManCityDejan
Ps4 req sent.

Thank you and mgarbowski mgarbowski for your helpful replies. I was just being a jerk about the card thing.

The bar is on the east side, so I think I'll skip it. Also, I just made chili that is literally burning my eyes while it is simmering on the stove. I may be suffering self-inflicted digestive torture between that and the whiskey. Good thing I can stream the game on my iPad. Might need that mobile access.

Ps4 req sent.

Thank you and mgarbowski mgarbowski for your helpful replies. I was just being a jerk about the card thing.

The bar is on the east side, so I think I'll skip it. Also, I just made chili that is literally burning my eyes while it is simmering on the stove. I may be suffering self-inflicted digestive torture between that and the whiskey. Good thing I can stream the game on my iPad. Might need that mobile access.
I don't have a card either. And paid dues twice as well. So be your bad EC self about that all you want as far as I'm concerned.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan