Ccc Nycfc V Orlando Discussion

You two should have waited until U90 took over those duties. People getting their stuff within a week now.

You two should have waited until U90 took over those duties. People getting their stuff within a week now.
I renewed thru U90 last week. Got the email on Friday/yesterday that my shirt is ready for pickup but I didn't want to add more outside time on a single degree temp day so I'll get it Monday. But my understanding is that they're not issuing new cards for renewals. My attempts to get this handled have not worked - last contact I had the guy said best thing would be to get it at today's meeting. Except of course I paid for the shipping. At least I got the scarf with no issues.

Give my colonial ass some Chappy Nigel Adams or whatever his name is. I was pining for him listening to the color guy.

Color guy was telling stories about bullshit every time important play was happening.

So far as I could tell from my feed, which was admittedly choppy, Jeb didn't literally take a dump on the field. Best we could say for him, or any of the first half defenders.

Saunders did have some solid stops and Facey definitely provided some assurance in our back line upon entering.

Reactions: Vito
Saunders could have done better on the goal. He didn't use his defenders to position himself. However, probably took away one or two, so you can't fault him too much.

Facey would be the man for me (if Macallan isn't eligible).

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
I would like to see Saunders show more authority on crosses into the box. There were a couple of times that I felt he was too timid.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
What we saw from Orlando in the first half was their starters. Kaka, Rochez, Shea, Okugo, Collin, Ricketts. All known starters, probably more, too.

For us? Who knows. Mix was out. Calle out...Lampard out...

And even for those who did play tonight, are they starters? Kreis left them in for like 70 minutes which suggests they are but...

Reactions: City-Nole
These 3 games will really decide the starters for us.
I know they said we might have 1 loan from MCFC this year and I really hope Facey is it.
Aside from that Khiry looked great.
Poku made an impact when he actually received the ball but the team kept trying to force things on the wings and it just wasn't working. Possession football and play through the middle and build up the attack and then get it out on the sides.
For anyone who watches Mcfc and today's game they do it so beautifully. Build through the mid and then utilize those overlapping runs by the wingers/backs and get crosses in.

Being at the game, and low on the field, Shelton and Villa looked great to me. Poku was solid during the limited time he was on. Mendoza was garbage from my view. Kept giving the ball away and he looked confused. McNamara didn't look great either. He looked overwhelmed.

Also, seeing players like Kaka and Villa up close is a wonderful thing. They're above and beyond everyone else.

Overall, I froze my ass off, but it was a great game. My son loved it, too.

Last edited: