City Football Group - Financials & Acquisitions

How many of our coaches have been here for a longer period of time?
How many players are here at least 3 years?
How much of the backroom is the same as it was 3 years ago?

Asking because I'm wondering, not because I'm trying to be cynical. Sometimes we choose to ignore that a lot of things are fine except for the things in the limelight, so I'm trying to determine if this is the case here as well.

every off season there lots of posts of people being angry at the transfer situation. and how CFG is not committed to nycfc. even last year in that bad run of games there was massive criticism. i honestly think that its more negative than not when it comes to fans and their view of how nycfc is managed by FO etc.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Just that it seemed you were listing things that had reasons unrelated to poor CFG culture or management and trying to make a case that together they looked like a result of exactly that. If you weren't you weren't.
I’m not saying they are or they are not related to CFG culture. Only the people who left know exactly why they left and how much the CFG culture played a part in exiting. I am getting the impression (and maybe it is erroneous) that there is a CFG way. When you are running a global network of professional soccer teams, I guess it makes sense. It’s a very different model than what I am used to growing up rooting for the motley Philadelphia sports teams. (Pre Union)

How many of our coaches have been here for a longer period of time?
How many players are here at least 3 years?
How much of the backroom is the same as it was 3 years ago?

Asking because I'm wondering, not because I'm trying to be cynical. Sometimes we choose to ignore that a lot of things are fine except for the things in the limelight, so I'm trying to determine if this is the case here as well.
psychological term for this is availability heuristic. the human tendency to overestimate the prevalence of items that are more easily recognized or brought to mind.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Well not CFG, but the Yankees are becoming minority investors in AC Milan

Which puts them in direct competition with CFG & Palermo. Time to cut ties!!!

Seems very odd being that the Yankees seem to only give us the cold shoulder and we are in their stadium

Very, very intriguing. It looks like they're hunting for an ROI on soccer (now that they've gotten a taste of it and seen the eye-popping numbers in Europe, that's not all that big a surprise), but it ain't us.

Could this be a sign a buyout is on the way?

Very, very intriguing. It looks like they're hunting for an ROI on soccer (now that they've gotten a taste of it and seen the eye-popping numbers in Europe, that's not all that big a surprise), but it ain't us.

Could this be a sign a buyout is on the way?
Steve Cohen has entered the chat

Reactions: Kjbert
It's looking very possible that CFG / UAE / somebody they've contracted with has invented a Man City sponsor out of whole cloth, and done it pretty sloppily, too.

It's looking very possible that CFG / UAE / somebody they've contracted with has invented a Man City sponsor out of whole cloth, and done it pretty sloppily, too.

Silly they have to resort to this. As long as they don’t saddle the club with debt, let them spend.

It could also be a negative since they might shift their player pipeline in the Americas through there instead of through NYC since there is already a long history of large transfer payments to that region.

Reactions: Kjbert
It could also be a negative since they might shift their player pipeline in the Americas through there instead of through NYC since there is already a long history of large transfer payments to that region.
It's possible. But I don't think it's as simple as which one single club will be the conduit as much as the creation of a pipeline with multiple clubs.

Besides, they're a Série B squad which has rattled around the relegation line (or worse) for over 30 years. And any deal includes the women's side plus a lot of other stuff, including $57 million in debt. It's not a flagship club, like us.

The big thing, at least for now, and at least from our perspective, is a foothold in Brazil. It's the intake at the youth level. And the network. It's not hard to see where this is going.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gotham Gator