City Send-Off Excellent

FredMertz

Registered
Elite Donor
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jun 2, 2014
The boy and I did the City Send-off yesterday and it was a blast. Supremely well-organized with 100% participation (as far as I could tell). My son had a jersey signed by more than 20 players, including all 3 DPs, Mix, Poke, Khiry, etc. There was not a single fan who did not get a chance to interact with every player, including signatures and photos.

Pirlo and Lampard are consummate pros and not too big to spend a lot of time with their fans. They took pictures with everyone who wanted one and spent more time than I expected with everyone. Mix, Tommy Mc, Poku, Khiry , Saunders and Matarrita were all in great spirits given the loss (especially Poku -- he really feels and appreciates the love). Villa made sure he took care of everyone, but he did not appear to be enjoying himself at all. Even PV made an appearance.

The NYCFC front office's fan outreach has been great and they are continuously improving. If anyone is hesitating to go to the send-off because of a disappointing meet & greet from last year should know that they have figured out how to do these right.

2016-03-18 21.51.32.jpg 2016-03-19 16.14.33.jpg

That penis-looking thing on the upper left corner of the shirt is actually Lampard's signature.

And to 10 people not in first place in the H2H fantasy league -- yes, that's the kid who's eating your lunch.

That's awesome. Glad they figured things out and have full player participation this year. Especially after a loss.

Went to it this past weekend, was an awesome time!!! Answered a question on another post here.

Some comments-
I asked Frank the tough question- who had a better filet o fish- he surprisingly said the US had a better one than England (he could also be taking a piss, who knows).

Bravo literally puts "BRAVO" under his signature

Franks signature was massive

Connor Brandt and Jack Harrison were pretty excited and upbeat, presumably due to them knowing they would probably be back in training this week.

Martinez signed my shirt twice, somehow. Don't know how that happened or how he managed that.

Mendoza doesn't exactly have a signature... he just spelled out "Mendoza."

Told Johansen I wished he was starting, to which he replied "One can hope." Still seemed pretty up beat and not too downtrodden, yet.

As FredMertz FredMertz said, Villa did sign everything and take a few pics, but didn't look too pleased to be there. His kid though, Luca? was having a blast spinning around over and over again in place.

Poku skipped over me, so he is now on the shit list.

Mullins didn't make it for whatever reason, and Brillant left ASAP due to having a very young baby, probably recently born, with him. Makes sense to leave, so I'll give him a pass.
12891630_10154030548897453_2646283214185614143_o.jpg