Cookie Brigade... Greatest Name Ever, Or Best Name Ever?

CornellBigRed

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
Apr 24, 2014
Rye Brook, Westchester
In case you are not aware the cookie brigade is the unofficial/official name for the U-21 members of the soon to be named supporters group. I absolutely love it. It is self-deprecating and ironic. These SGs tend to take themselves very seriously, as do soccer fans generally and that is fine. I am one of those who does take it seriously. But at the end of the day we are a bunch of people watching soccer, thus self-deprecating. It's ironic because soccer fans and supporters groups have a reputation and history of trying to be "hard" and intimidating and starting fights and all that crap. A name like cookie brigade is not in the least bit intimidating.

That the group has embraced shows me that this is a good group of guys and gals. Maybe I am reading to much into it but if the SG was trying to be "hard" or taking itself too seriously that name wouldn't have stuck. Anyway, the name makes me happy and I hope all our legally dictated teetotalers wear it with pride.

It is actually a inside joke that just continued online. During the Q&A with NYC FC at Football Factory.. one of the FB members name Dale was able to get in even do it was a 21+ event. During the Q&A Dale got to ask NYC FC a question so right before he started some guy named Oscar shouts :eek: "Milk and Cookies" ;)

It is actually a inside joke that just continued online. During the Q&A with NYC FC at Football Factory.. one of the FB members name Dale was able to get in even do it was a 21+ event. During the Q&A Dale got to ask NYC FC a question so right before he started some guy named Oscar shouts :eek: "Milk and Cookies" ;)
That's perfect. At the first SG meeting on 5/17 one of the cookie brigadiers was handed a sleeve of cookies and a quart of milk. He graciously shared his cookies and heroically attempted to chug the milk. He was unsuccessful but that is likely for the best. Having a member vomit at the first SG meeting would probably have been a bit of a downer.

Im not gonna be in charge of no 5 y/o's. How old are the other kids

I know of a 20 year old, 19 year old, not sure how old Roni is, and Justin is 14 but his only rules from his dad are no smoking and no tattoos.

The Facebook group is where it took off. It's a funny joke if you have any sort of maturity in your bones. If not, milk does a body good.

I know of a 20 year old, 19 year old, not sure how old Roni is, and Justin is 14 but his only rules from his dad are no smoking and no tattoos.

The Facebook group is where it took off. It's a funny joke if you have any sort of maturity in your bones. If not, milk does a body good.
the 19 or 20 year old should be in charge then

The CB is always growing and has many active participants. In fact, the club is really, really excited about this little subdivision of the supporters group. Not to mention, we WANT activity from members who can't get into every event due to age, for example.