David Villa To Nycfc?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunday seems a really odd day to announce something this big. Monday is the perfect day. If the deal is done, it makes sense to announce this now, with a jersey. It will get people fired up, and will drive season ticket sales. Carry the momentum through the World Cup, then announce seat selection right after it. Boom.

Reactions: Andy
Given that no one, not the clubs, nor the player or his agent have denied anything after media have run the story for several days tell me... That this got legs :eek:

Reactions: Samuel Youn
Empire of soccer is not a "reliable" source for international news. All they do is regurgitate actual valid sources' content.

Or as Dave of EoS is a member here.. We struggle to trust someone that hangs out with us :D

So what do you guys think?
If he signs with us we loan him to MCFC and then back with us come 2015?

I read somewhere that he would be on loan to Atletico until January. That makes the most sense to me.

Reactions: Gene
So what do you guys think?
If he signs with us we loan him to MCFC and then back with us come 2015?

He will not play a game for MCFC I´m sure.. The idea of signing a player and loaning him back to another club within the same ownership group (CFG) would open a can of worms, and neither do I think he will stay in Spain..
There are reports that he will train with MCFC but I also think it´s likely that he´ll play some games in Australia given that they have a "guest player" rule so that he can still be contracted to MLS but play up to ten games in the A-league.

He'll either stay with Atletico or go to Manchester.

No way in hell does he go to Australia I think. Too far away, no Spanish to speak of. They say he spurned England's advances for his whole career because of the language and the climate. That's probably the one comforting factor to New York is how much America is a dual language country....

Reactions: Capt.Tsubasa
Give him a month of the winter rains in Manchester and he´ll beg to go to Australia for a couple of games.. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.