Domènec Torrent Appointed NYCFC Head Coach (June '18) / Mutually Agree to Part Ways (November '19)

What Are Your Thoughts on Torrent as NYCFC Head Coach?

• Quite Really Pleased

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • Really Pleased

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • Pleased

Votes: 16 41.0%
  • Neither Pleased or Displeased

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Displeased

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Really Displeased

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Quite Really Displeased

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
Well, let's just focus on field items. There are many things a team could do during the course of the season...
- Field the best possible team and contend for a title
- Field the most optimal team and compete for a title
- Tank for a draft pick (not in MLS)
- Develop young talent (Well Sands has started, we have JPT on a permanent, Parks is on a loan)

I still don't get the point. We're not doing any of those, not even youth development with any urgency.

The only FO person who ever made fans feel like he gave a damn was Patricof and he left. I always thought it was silly that people thought he was forced out. Given the trend, I'm thinking he left because he decided he can't do his job if the organization isn't committed to the project. And if this really is the case, then I have to think Sims will be looking for the exits. He can't do what he probably thinks he was brought here to do if the organization is not behind it, and if Dome stays through more than a year of dismal results, then what does that tell him?

Now the players care about winning. I'm not silly enough to think otherwise. But the only top level talent who ever made fans feel he was truly committed to this team and not just the team he happened to be on also left last year. Ring is like that on a lower level, and I can't see someone like Ring renewing on this trend. [Which is not to diminish the admirable effort put out by guys like Chanot, or how Herrera worked his butt off to return to a losing team late last season when he easily could have rode the workout room to the offseason. But that stuff is character and pride more than any affinity for this team and this city IMO.]

They've been losing the connection almost since the beginning, but it's starting to accelerate.

I don’t think it all matters because I don’t think anyone is paying attention.

THAT is the problem. They are as apathetic about this project as we are.

You better pray UEFA and FA drop the hammer and go medieval on MCFC with a total transfer ban and no Continental tournaments. Short of that, Pep isn’t leaving for a while.

Pair that hammer with Pep winning everything this year and maybe that crazy scenario of him taking over at NYCFC could happen.

I am not really sure who was hired or fired but something has changed with the club behind doors in my eyes. The energy and love they put out to get us involved in the first season was amazing. It carried into the second season but started to go downhill from there. Maybe its just all in my head but this club no longer feels like the club I became a " Founding Member " of.

Side not since I mentioned Founding Member. After season two I had to move to Florida and had to give up my tickets. They tried to hold me hostage by telling me my name won't be on the wall outside the stadium. I was unaware that you needed to remain a holder until the build a stadium. Its not a big deal but it left a sour taste in my mouth. Only because if they had a stadium from the jump I am sure that wouldn't be the case. Unless I missed the memo that they will chisel you name off the wall when you cancel. But I guess we will not know until they actually get a stadium erected.

Pair that hammer with Pep winning everything this year and maybe that crazy scenario of him taking over at NYCFC could happen.
Would CFG break the bank on three maximum dynamic DP’s for Pep? Meaning three guys that are better than anybody’s #1 DP. I’m not sure they would, maybe a a bit worse than a flip of the coin, so 40/60 Pep get to spend money on three guys of his choosing as he arrives (or at least on two to replace Maxi and Medina, and maybe the 3rd is the 4th DP that the CBA allows).

Because let’s look at this realistically.... Pep is a very bright coach who has had success with three powerhouse teams, but can he adapt to average players supplemented by three superstars? Probably, but maybe not.

His only sub-star team was the Barcelona B squad which is still planted with the best prospects money can buy. And that was over a decade ago. Part of why I think PV did have success was he cut his teeth with the MCFC youth which forced him to adapt to harness their ability. That’s not to say Pep couldn’t also take MLS by storm with his system, and I’d expect him to succeed before I’d expect him to fail, but there is the chance it’s too plebeian for him to cultivate his brand of soccer..... if CFG doesn’t grant him a massive transfer kitty.

Crazy what a difference a coach makes. We’re only ahead of ATL on points in the East. Who would of thought.

And ATL is not looking as bad as us. They are looking bad compared to their potential, but they had a pretty even match last night in CLB. We've had some good moments against LAFC, and maybe the first 20 minutes on Friday (while Pozuelo was sizing us up). That's about it.

Reactions: Kjbert
And ATL is not looking as bad as us. They are looking bad compared to their potential, but they had a pretty even match last night in CLB. We've had some good moments against LAFC, and maybe the first 20 minutes on Friday (while Pozuelo was sizing us up). That's about it.

You also can't take anything out of that game Atlanta played last night since it really shouldn't have been played to begin with. Those conditions, it was like a game of beach soccer or something. Brutal that they actually count a game like that in the standings when it barely even resembles the sport.

You also can't take anything out of that game Atlanta played last night since it really shouldn't have been played to begin with. Those conditions, it was like a game of beach soccer or something. Brutal that they actually count a game like that in the standings when it barely even resembles the sport.
I didn’t catch it. How did it compare to our game against Seattle two years ago

We were right to criticize the mls fanboys who picked us 7th. They were too kind

think they always had us in that range. only this year it may actually happen. I know doyle had us out on 2016 and i think 5/6 year 2017 and we went higher.

think they always had us in that range. only this year it may actually happen. I know doyle had us out on 2016 and i think 5/6 year 2017 and we went higher.

What’s our bet again? Isi scoring 10 goals?