Domènec Torrent Appointed NYCFC Head Coach (June '18) / Mutually Agree to Part Ways (November '19)

What Are Your Thoughts on Torrent as NYCFC Head Coach?

• Quite Really Pleased

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • Really Pleased

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • Pleased

Votes: 16 41.0%
  • Neither Pleased or Displeased

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Displeased

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Really Displeased

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Quite Really Displeased

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
I'm gonna wait to see if this happens before I freak out. Until then I'm going to try to find out if any top flight team that made payroll regularly ever had 2 coaches quit in 1.5 years.
One question is whether this would be Domé leaving or CFG deciding to send him to Girona (which is doing poorly).

Reactions: Kjbert
We are the testing ground for Gio if it’s him, since all those articles say they want to get him ready to be potential replacement for Guardiola somewhere down the line

We are the testing ground for Gio if it’s him, since all those articles say they want to get him ready to be potential replacement for Guardiola somewhere down the line
We need to be sold to an owner that focuses on us as a singularity in their business spectrum, as opposed to using us as their spare parts drawer and sharpening stone.

One question is whether this would be Domé leaving or CFG deciding to send him to Girona (which is doing poorly).
Tomato, potato. He's not going there if he doesn't want to.

But if they have any role in him leaving then CFG can go fuck right off. They can spin that if he's going to leave it's better to keep him in the family but, again, fuck right off with that shit.

Tomato, potato. He's not going there if he doesn't want to.

But if they have any role in him leaving then CFG can go fuck right off. They can spin that if he's going to leave it's better to keep him in the family but, again, fuck right off with that shit.
Right. I reject the notion that CFG is a negative for us. Their scouting is the big advantage we have over other clubs, for one thing.
But if they take our coach away after he has finally installed his system and gotten us playing well - that’s the biggest bullshit ever.

You know who we should overlay? Brian Schmetzer. Guy should probably be the USMNT coach

You guys are also forgetting to post the other half of his quotes.

“They are the reason why New York City play really well, not Dome. Forget about it. Dome has one idea,” Torrent said. “Every single coach needs the players to follow you and the players follow me. I’m very proud of the players. I want to thank the players, every single day, every single training session they fight until the last moment. I love these players. I love these players

And he then gave them every reason to give him a raise in October.
No he didn’t. He had a contract to lead the club to success - what he did during the season was the expectation of the base contract. He wasn’t signed to simply be average.

Had he made it to the MLS Cup Final or won it, then a raise is deserved on the next contract, but not now since those milestones would be covered by performance bonuses.

Reactions: Jock
No he didn’t. He had a contract to lead the club to success - what he did during the season was the expectation of the base contract. He wasn’t signed to simply be average.

Had he made it to the MLS Cup Final or won it, then a raise is deserved on the next contract, but not now since those milestones would be covered by performance bonuses.

He had the most successful season in NYCFC history. He did that with 2 DPs. He did that while playing the most congested home schedule in MLS.

So miss me with your BS about he only met expectations.

Should someone post what the MLS expectations were this year?

He had the most successful season in NYCFC history. He did that with 2 DPs. He did that while playing the most congested home schedule in MLS.

So miss me with your BS about he only met expectations.

Should someone post what the MLS expectations were this year?

Dome has been great all season, but he dropped the ball tonight. There were changes that needed to be made and he failed to do so. Why he chose tonight of all nights to stick to his guns is beyond me. He's been the champion of flexible formation and tactics all season long. Risking his job to ensure that he could implement such a system and tonight, when it was needed the most, he decides to let it ride on a tired Mata and a Mitri that was performing at half his potential.

I hope he stays and all this talk is just speculation because if we can continue with most of the same players, same coach, we have a chance to make something happen next year, starting with CCL. but if he leaves, well fuck... good riddens. we don't want anybody who doesn't want to be here.