Don Garber Press Conference

Kjbert

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
Apr 24, 2014
Anyone else listening?

Sounds like we have agreements with other players already, but can't announce.

Also - he says two new league sponsors beyond Heineken to be announced soon.

Says league isn't performing as well as he would like financially but neither he nor the players anticipate a work stoppage

I'm listening to him on XM radio. Apparently taped on Tuesday

Sounds like when the franchise was awarded, there was a stadium agreement in place that fell apart.

Asked about how Canadians are considers international players. Blames it on labor laws. Canadians have to be treated as any other foreign national

Weather makes moving to international calendar impossible he says.

Wants to grow closer with CONMEBOL

Wants to grow closer with CONMEBOL
My only issue with that is freaking crazy travel involved. Imagine a copa libertadores where Vancouver travels to buenos aires midweek then travel all the way back to play New England for example, unless he wants mostly for copa Americas

Reactions: Kjbert
Also - working to buy Cubo Torres. He wants it to happen but nothing to report yet.

Are you listening to the radio versions from Tuesday? Because we all pretty much know this info.

Reactions: Gene
Yeah it's probably the audio from the State of the League address

Weather? What does he mean by that? Because it gets cold here? Yeah, because it's so warm in England and Germany in January.

It is very Impractical to have MLS on fall to spring schedule.

Other than having to compete with other American sports leagues, why?

But Garber blamed the weather, I want to know what he means exactly. If it's because it gets cold here, then that's just a lame excuse.