Don Garber Press Conference

Other than having to compete with other American sports leagues, why?

But Garber blamed the weather, I want to know what he means exactly. If it's because it gets cold here, then that's just a lame excuse.
Because the stadiums aren't built or being design to be cold weather stadiums, also they are going to retrofit the stadium to play game in what you be under 30 degree weather in NY. In Toronto I'm told it's 5 degrees and it get colder than that in the northeast and most of the northern cities.

Reactions: Gazza_55 and Kjbert
I am pretty sure the only countries that have the equivalent weather to Canada and northern US are the Scandinavian nations or Russia. I believe its much milder winters in England, France and Germany.

Reactions: Kjbert
I am pretty sure the only countries that have the equivalent weather to Canada and northern US are the Scandinavian nations or Russia. I believe its much milder winters in England, France and Germany.

All of the Scandinavian leagues play Spring-Fall and Russia did as well until a couple years ago. Now they just take a 3mo break in the winter. Even Scotland has mooted a switch to Summer fitba.

Reactions: Kjbert
Other than having to compete with other American sports leagues, why?

But Garber blamed the weather, I want to know what he means exactly. If it's because it gets cold here, then that's just a lame excuse.

I don't know, even playoffs in December have been tricky in the Northeast -- remember this a couple years ago? -- and Jan/Feb are usually worse weather.

Reactions: Kjbert and Paul