End of an Era at EOS

Goodfella

Beers, Banter, Footy.
Elite Donor
Donor
May 19, 2014
Reactions: adam
http://www.empireofsoccer.com/dave-martinez-farewell-eos-and-welcome-jack-bell-57771/

Best of luck to Dave Martinez who will be leaving Empire of Soccer. EOS has been my go to spot for soccer. Dave has been a great supporter of soccer in the NYC area and he will be missed. I have a feeling he has something up his sleeve though, so let's see what's next.
Didn't see that coming. I like Dave. Hope he's successful in whatever is next and hope the new guy is just as engaged.

I was being sarcastic. Not even my position is a paying position. Actually the only paying position is our host.
Ha! You were so dead-pan I fell for it.

You mean that with all of the daily clicks we bring during out non-productive work days, the site isn't generating an avalanche of ad money?

Reactions: adam
Ha! You were so dead-pan I fell for it.

You mean that with all of the daily clicks we bring during out non-productive work days, the site isn't generating an avalanche of ad money?
The majority of our users are donors. You guys don't see the ads. We average 250,000 page views per month and our ads barely break 100,000 pageviews. The major issue with ads here is there isn't a lot of competition for soccer ads in the US. Not a lot of advertisers. So even when we get 10-20 clicks on some days it might not even amount to $1-$2. And then most days we don't even break $.30.
The donors really helped out the last 2 years. Covered majority of the giveaways. This year it'll be back to me paying for everything. Which, believe me, I expected to from the get go and I have zero issue with. Ill have the first giveaway up for March and I'll just have to keep the giveaways to MLS season this year.
This is a hobby for me. Anyone with a hobby knows the $$ isn't an issue if you get satisfaction from it.

This calls for another statistical breakdown. If I have time after work tonight I'll post up some user figures. Working till 12

The majority of our users are donors. You guys don't see the ads. We average 250,000 page views per month and our ads barely break 100,000 pageviews. The major issue with ads here is there isn't a lot of competition for soccer ads in the US. Not a lot of advertisers. So even when we get 10-20 clicks on some days it might not even amount to $1-$2. And then most days we don't even break $.30.
The donors really helped out the last 2 years. Covered majority of the giveaways. This year it'll be back to me paying for everything. Which, believe me, I expected to from the get go and I have zero issue with. Ill have the first giveaway up for March and I'll just have to keep the giveaways to MLS season this year.
This is a hobby for me. Anyone with a hobby knows the $$ isn't an issue if you get satisfaction from it.

This calls for another statistical breakdown. If I have time after work tonight I'll post up some user figures. Working till 12
'Liked' not because the site isn't an Ad-revenue machine, but for your dedication. Thanks man!

Thanks for everything you do!

Nah you've all done more than enough to help out. Our goal is achieved. I'd say we're already the #1 online NYCFC community. Can't imagine how big this place will be in 5-10 years. Just got to remember to renew the domain XD
You should be like our glorious mothership and have a yearly membership.

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan