Facebook Supporters Page

:)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 172
I don't get why the forums aren't more heavily promoted on the Facebook page. (Yes I know they are run by different people with different agendas or lack thereof)

Reactions: einwindir
I don't get why the forums aren't more heavily promoted on the Facebook page. (Yes I know they are run by different people with different agendas or lack thereof)
I think it would be mutually beneficial that we all work together. While the FB group is clearly larger, I believe the Forums have a much more active user base. However, it should be recognized that since the 5/17 meet interest and activity has blown up here, which is awesome. I hope the leadership continues to utilize the Forums to their benefit.

I would like to see the FB group push the Forums more though. With 500+ members they have ab opportunity to reach a much larger group than we can. It will boost activity and create a much tighter community all around.

Reactions: NYCBlue
We are exploring all of our options about how to progress online. Anything that we use will need to have the same message going forward (Twitter, Facebook, Forums, Google+, whatever). Dan has mentioned on numerous occasions that the forum was set us as a separate venture from the Supporters Group. I am working with Dan to see if there is a way to have a section of the forum that is password protected so only paying members can access it. As for the Facebook page, we may open another page and only accept people who have paid memberships. Twitter is pretty open so there isn't anything we can do about that, except to make guidelines that will need to be followed to allow it to function the same way that a corporate twitter account works. These things take a bit of time it implement. Please be patient.

Last edited:
I agree. Whether or not if that guy was trolling or simply fooling around he was a complete asshole. It doesn't make a difference one way or another, but it's coming to the point where I'm just going to remove myself from that page.

I agree. Whether or not if that guy was trolling or simply fooling around he was a complete asshole. It doesn't make a difference one way or another, but it's coming to the point where I'm just going to remove myself from that page.
Agreed. Is [REMOVED NAME] a member here? I remember him from the first Meet. He was the guy filming. Good on him btw.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott McCarthy
Yeah, pretty lol to get owned by a 14 year old kid and then keep going on and on. That said it still looks bad. I don't think there should be any support of hooliganism at all from this group. It should be a zero tolerance policy. I'm sure the club and MLS will want nothing to do with it.

Reactions: Goodfella
once you have your memebership scheme and dues sorted etc, wipe out the FB group and set a new one up with the paid members. You can also setup an SC page to promote your group but not allow posting so it's a one way medium. It will eliminate the headaches. Trust me.

Reactions: Nick Chavez
Yeah, pretty lol to get owned by a 14 year old kid and then keep going on and on. That said it still looks bad. I don't think there should be any support of hooliganism at all from this group. It should be a zero tolerance policy. I'm sure the club and MLS will want nothing to do with it.

If someone comes up to start trouble and try to fight, I'll fight. But actively looking for trouble is ridiculous.
This isn't England in the 80's, this is MLS. American Football fans dont even brawl each other.

Reactions: DiRoma
Honestly if someone comes looking for a fight at a football match then they've already lost at life. I haven't seen any kind of behavior like that over at Jersey or any of the matches I've been to at Yankees Stadium. The Yankees Stadium matches could have had some ugly scenes but everyone was in good spirits.

I don't plan on seeing any violence at matches come 2015 either. Hopefully the club will have rules in place to take season ticket privileges away and ban people from the stadium for any kind of violence.

Honestly if someone comes looking for a fight at a football match then they've already lost at life. I haven't seen any kind of behavior like that over at Jersey or any of the matches I've been to at Yankees Stadium. The Yankees Stadium matches could have had some ugly scenes but everyone was in good spirits.

I don't plan on seeing any violence at matches come 2015 either. Hopefully the club will have rules in place to take season ticket privileges away and ban people from the stadium for any kind of violence.

There are so many differences between American soccer fans and English football fans. That is they key reason there will never be a hooligan movement in the MLS. The MLS is mostly middle class white guys who have no problem with the police. In England if something happened, no one would go to the cops, they would
Just wait for the next match.

I think a lot of people saw green street hooligans and think that is what the MLS is or should be. The MLS has been around 20 years and I have heard about what 4 fights? Right? San Jose beating up a Seattle kid , Columbus gettin their ass handed to them by west ham, and red bull throwing a rock at a bus. Right?
Someone gets slapped they call the cops. That's middle class MLS culture, that's why all the arguing about hooliganism is just mindless dribble.

On hooliganism: grow up and support the sportsman kicking the sportsball. Be an adult.

Last edited:
Justin handled himself with class, Ken on the other hand refused to back off his stance and it snowballed real fast, hopefully he learns from it, and can take some of that misdirected intensity and contribute to the group in a positive manner.

Reactions: Nick Chavez
about the people who say "we need to show/prove/defend how tough/cool/city" you are retarded. New York is just a geographical land mass with a finite amount of people on it. no one will try to "diss" it because no one cares. same thing goes for a small town in middle-america.

about hooliganism: if a fight happens, a fight happens. i will not advocate a fight, start a fight or participate in a fight (unless its special circumstances). should we advocate for peace? NO. should we try to start people up and fight? NO.
Will i be there to film it and put it on worldstar? YES (joke).

but in a semi-serious matter: we can kinda use these "hooligans to our advantage" harness their power to scare and prevent any legitamate fights. Like the USA having a nuke (sorta)