"fairytale Of New York" By The Pogues? Or "53rd And 3rd" By The Ramones?

maxwell

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
Jul 3, 2014
New York City
My first thought for a song to work with was Fairytale of New York by The Pogues. I like the melody for a stadium anthem, and it mentions a drunk tank in the second verse. So basically it hits all of my high points. The lyrics are available here. Pros are that it's about New York and has a nice sing-along feel. Cons are that it's a bit long, and some people might disagree that a Christmas song is good for a soccer team.

53rd and 3rd by The Ramones is a very different song, but I think it could work well too. The Ramones are from New York, and a punk rock song has song interesting potential since it's so short. Lyrics are available here.

If you're looking for more inspiration, Wikipedia has a good collection of songs about New York.

My first thought for a song to work with was Fairytale of New York by The Pogues. I like the melody for a stadium anthem, and it mentions a drunk tank in the second verse. So basically it hits all of my high points. The lyrics are available here. Pros are that it's about New York and has a nice sing-along feel. Cons are that it's a bit long, and some people might disagree that a Christmas song is good for a soccer team.

53rd and 3rd by The Ramones is a very different song, but I think it could work well too. The Ramones are from New York, and a punk rock song has song interesting potential since it's so short. Lyrics are available here.

If you're looking for more inspiration, Wikipedia has a good collection of songs about New York.

lol ... you scumbag, you maggot ;)

With all due respect ,I dont think 53rd and 3rd is a good idea, that song is basically about a young male prostitute turning tricks on 53rd st , not really anything i want to be singing about at the stadium

With all due respect ,I dont think 53rd and 3rd is a good idea, that song is basically about a young male prostitute turning tricks on 53rd st , not really anything i want to be singing about at the stadium
agreed.