FIFA World Cup 2018

How Should World Cup Threads Be Posted?

• By Matchday?

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • By Groups, Then Single Knockout Round Thread?

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • By Groups, Then Individual Knockout Round Stages Threads?

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • By Group Stage, Then Single Knockout Round Thread?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • By Group Stage, Then Individual Knockout Round Stages Threads?

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
I think they gave FOX 2026, so as not to get their assess sued for switching the 2022 WC to the middle of the NFL season.
Yep - that switch was a breach of contract since the rights were bid on with the expectation it was a summer event (as it’s always been).

True, but doesnt ESPN have a bigger reach than Foxsports ?
Maybe. I have no idea. I actually thought you were referring to the common perception that ESPN's coverage is better. But either way, I just meant there are multiple variables, and the absence of the USMNT and the lack of any games after 4pm, especially on weekdays, would kill US ratings no matter who broadcasts it.

Also, the article you cite says that the Telemundo ratings this year are down by the same percentage as Fox compared to the Univision ratings in 2014. So it's apparently not a Fox/ESPN thing.

The chatter on this Messi as GOAT tweet is lit.

The guy is getting torn up by Ronaldo fans, and the Best is when he mentions three Argentinians that have helped Ronaldo score on the club level only to have it pointed out those same three are on Messi’s national team and he still can’t deliver.

Reactions: adam
Mercy. Kate Markgraf on ESPNFC tonight.

She’s older than me. And she’s a good 15 years older than my wife.

She’s got to be my free pass, if such a thing exists in the now or future. I love you, Kate, if you ever read this.

yw8Ye8O.gif

The Good Lord is this a nigthmare? or reality?l

Not too sure where to post this. Seems like WC coverage is lukewarm in the Forum - I had my good will and heart to root for Poland all along until , until my plan went awry.I attended early church service and as I zoom up the knave of the church , I see my favorite priest is going to perform the mass , OMG . . . Holy cow Fr. Alvaro is Colombian!!! I had forgotten that little detail
What a dilemma ! do I confess to Fr. A? Do not watch? Lie ? ( oh my poor soul does not want to go hell)
My sister that sometimes can be a sage , tells me to root Colombia the first half and
the 2nd half for Poland. . . Sorry Poland , sorry mgarbowski mgarbowski , I Think God is Colombian! LOL

Not too sure where to post this. Seems like WC coverage is lukewarm in the Forum - I had my good will and heart to root for Poland all along until , until my plan went awry.I attended early church service and as I zoom up the knave of the church , I see my favorite priest is going to perform the mass , OMG . . . Holy cow Fr. Alvaro is Colombian!!! I had forgotten that little detail
What a dilemma ! do I confess to Fr. A? Do not watch? Lie ? ( oh my poor soul does not want to go hell)
My sister that sometimes can be a sage , tells me to root Colombia the first half and
the 2nd half for Poland. . . Sorry Poland , sorry mgarbowski mgarbowski , I Think God is Colombian! LOL
My dear, a half game of support from you is worth full season from most fans.

Reactions: TabascoDiva

It was a good read and made some great points but how can you author an entire article about Fox’s coverage of the World Cup and not even give a nod to Jorge Perez-Navarro for a job well done on making soccer very fun for listeners?

I know two extremely casual soccer fans who would go out of their way to watch games that he was calling just so they could listen to him.

Since we have a World Cup final game thread, and no third place game thread, guess this belongs here.

Tomorrow will be the second time Belgium and England play each other in this World Cup. And this one is just as, if not more meaningless than the first time they faced off.