Friendly vs RiBer Plate

I'm a little slower than usual today, so please bear with me.

We have games on 7/3 (Red Bulls), 7/6 (@ New England), 7/10 (@SKC) and 7/17 (@Montreal).

In the middle of a schedule like that, in the month of July, where your team is fighting for a playoff spot, we're potentially scheduled for a less than meaningless friendly match somewhere in Tennessee?

Is this some more of that fucking CFG genius they keep telling me about???
I guess it wouldn't be nuts to have the team make a stopover in Tennessee on the way back from Kansas City?

Maybe Vieira would want the team to go straight from Tennessee to Montreal afterwards to prepare for that match. Idk, nothing is confirmed just yet so let's wait and see.

Reactions: Kjbert
I'm a little slower than usual today, so please bear with me.

We have games on 7/3 (Red Bulls), 7/6 (@ New England), 7/10 (@SKC) and 7/17 (@Montreal).

In the middle of a schedule like that, in the month of July, where your team is fighting for a playoff spot, we're potentially scheduled for a less than meaningless friendly match somewhere in Tennessee?

Is this some more of that fucking CFG genius they keep telling me about???

They need an under-the-radar game to get Frank injured in again so he can feel free to focus on his Euros commentary.

Especially when it provides no value to the fans
Unless this is in some way "payment" for a future player transaction with them?

Many times a club will require a game against another as part of a player's movement between the two. Usually it's at the home venue for the revenue, and not as a neutral site friendly, so not sure about this - unless River is having trouble lining up opponents for their preseason tour.

I expect a lot of minutes from our fringe guys like Gomez and Rawls... Err... I mean Lurch.

Think of the positives. It's quite likely that Lurch will play, since this is the only risk-free chance PV will get to see him on the pitch, and if he puts in a storming performance it may even turn heads...

Somewhere something said the Sevilla game would be played in New York? Where?

River Plate director Eduardo Barrionuevo said they haven't been able to finalize the plans with NYCFC so they're looking for another opponent.

Maybe the team heard the fan backlash and thought "maybe it is stupid to schedule a game in Nashville between away trips to Kansas City and Montreal.

Thanks for the update....

I'm certain it was a logistics issue. Fan backlash haha, we've seen that is not on top of the list of concerns for them...

could be cool a pre season tour of some sort for us ( though not realistic since they would have already started their season, maybe an off fifa week).

meh not much lost here.

River Plate director Eduardo Barrionuevo said they haven't been able to finalize the plans with NYCFC so they're looking for another opponent.

Maybe the team heard the fan backlash and thought "maybe it is stupid to schedule a game in Nashville between away trips to Kansas City and Montreal.

Yeah, we're not Manchester City who can hold a game in Beijing against Manchester United and get a sizable crowd.

Reactions: NYCFCfan and Kjbert
There is a reason they are now called RiBer Plate rather than River Plate do a little research for fun.
photo.jpg

after hours of extensive research on and on again, the only conclusion is that the team is called "River Plate"
i was correct. it is the letter V. there was no typo.

photo.jpg

after hours of extensive research on and on again, the only conclusion is that the team is called "River Plate"
i was correct. it is the letter V. there was no typo.
It is and it isn't. Spend a few more minutes.... He's not pulling your leg.

It is and it isn't. Spend a few more minutes.... He's not pulling your leg.
Agree. Just found it. Search for it the exact way it's in the title. That was fun by the way and I learned a new fact.