Galaxy Postmatch

I thought the shout box would have still been on . NYCFC_Dan fell asleep a happy man . I'm the one who gave David nick name BATMAN and he is that 100.00 % !!!............. Now it's time for Mr SeanJohn . I officially am calling him The Incredible Hulk a nice guy who turns into beast in Green !! I said from the start we need a goalie who's a beast on the pitch we sure have one !

Now on a personal note it made no sense at all to bring an old man with twins a month old across country and not play him ! PV get over that 2006 World Cup loss and stop dangling carrots in front of my man's face just to torture him !!!! We didn't need the old man the game was perfect without him ! NYCFC doesn't need the old man at all this is fact . But he's on borrowed time the end is here and he's facing the final curtain ! All I'm saying is it would have been nice to see him play just for 10 minutes that's all simple respect .

Lastly WTF Dose TPFKAU stand for ????? PLEASE and Thank You !!

In short TPFKAU stands for tmac.

The longer answer is that Tmac was useless unless unmarked, which is a pain to type out as a nickname so it got shortened to ucubed.

Then, somehow, tmac became a worse player and was just generally useless. Which earned him the monicker of the player formerly known as ucubed or TPFKAU for short.

In short TPFKAU stands for tmac.

The longer answer is that Tmac was useless unless unmarked, which is a pain to type out as a nickname so it got shortened to ucubed.

Then, somehow, tmac became a worse player and was just generally useless. Which earned him the monicker of the player formerly known as ucubed or TPFKAU for short.
Very well done.

I wanted to do this earlier, but was tired. Now, using this nice organized video i'll do it!
Save 1: Truly world-class. It looks like he just did a standard tap-over of a shot, but look at it closer. It was a fast moving play, from the free kick taken in the corner, to a shot from the top of the box in under two seconds, which required very quick positional adjustments (look how quickly he repositions once the cross is deflected). Then the shot was hard, high, and through a ton of traffic, which is 100x harder than it looks to save. Top keepers in the world would have let that one in at least half the time.
Save 2: All expert positioning. Look at it from the third replay from the goal cam. Once Boateng split through, he was instinctively coming off his line and took 99% of the goal away.
Saves 3, 4 &5: Again came down to quickly being properly positioned.
Not only is he a solid shot-stopper (as Saunders was generally good at, except for the constant blunders), but his positioning is basically perfect. It's instinctive. Had he spent a fraction of a second thinking about positioning before moving (as Saunders always did), we would have given up a bunch of goals last night. It amazed me that people were doubting this acquisition when we made it.

We are truly fortunate, as he is too good to be in MLS. From a national team fan perspective, I hope Bruce realizes that he is arguably the best, but certainly a top 3 keeper right now, so he should get more call ups and end up in Russia next year. From a club fan perspective, I hope Bruce sticks with the old guys, because that would limit SJ's exposure and keep him here longer!

Echoing what somebody said a few posts ago, I receive the gift of these 3 point as a karmic reimbursement for all the points we've dropped to ORL and other crappy teams in matches we completely dominated. This one, we were seriously under siege for 50 or 55 of the 90 minutes. Our two goals were the 2 half chances we had, and we capitalized incredibly well. But the problem is still the fullbacks. Boateng, through sheer pace and with the help of Cole, and Alessandrini, just by himself and by way of skill, passed by White and Sweat at will. I don't think LAG broke through the center as much, but they created 10 or 12 chances, some 5 of them where it was easier to score than not to. Our fullbacks are USL level, and they are the reason we're gonna get bumped out of the playoffs but any team that has competent wingers. I'm sorry for the pessimism. OTOH the tiny field help us a lot in that respect.
Our Fullbacks were exposed, but they were exposed by perhaps the best wing in the league- Alessandrini can dribble past any fullback in the league, and if he had a real forward to cross to, he'd have two dozen assists. Being beaten by him is not indicative of bad play, and even Callens was beaten by him and Callens is at the top end of man-marking CB's in the league. Hell, if we go by the Opti index stuff, Sweat was the forth best player on the field last night and higher than every LA player.

Our Fullbacks were exposed, but they were exposed by perhaps the best wing in the league- Alessandrini can dribble past any fullback in the league, and if he had a real forward to cross to, he'd have two dozen goals. Being beaten by him is not indicative of bad play, and even Callens was beaten by him and Callens is at the top end of man-marking CB's in the league. Hell, if we go by the Opti index stuff, Sweat was the forth best player on the field last night and higher than every LA player.
Alessandrini was great but Boateng also killed White on the other side as well.

Alessandrini was great but Boateng also killed White on the other side as well.
Yep, no question about it. I think part was that White didn't want to take a card and laid off his usual physical defending. Then he got that Bullshit card for the shoulder tackle that looked exactly like the tackle that brought Jack down in the box last week. Fcking ridiculous call.

We also looked out of place at times on the larger pitch. I can assure you that Vieira will have final say on how large the field dimensions will be during the stadium design process. LA is 120x75 yards. NYCFC is 110x70 yards (though disputed as 106x68 yards by Peter Vermes of SKC).

Chicago Fire also have the same dimensions.

RoxFontaine said:
It's going to be funny to see the clamoring when Mac gets the start. :tearsofjoy:

This is another trap game and I HATE the way we've performed in trap games to date. We have to be sharp and aggressive. Pirlo is not the answer. There is no replacement for Maxi so we modify the shape and stick to our identity.

Lewis - Villa - Harrison
T-Mac - Ring - Herrera
Sweat - Callens - Brillant - White
SJ

:roundpushpin:

We also looked out of place at times on the larger pitch. I can assure you that Vieira will have final say on how large the field dimensions will be during the stadium design process. LA is 120x75 yards. NYCFC is 110x70 yards (though disputed as 106x68 yards by Peter Vermes of SKC).

You really think PV will still be here when they get around to designing a pitch? Also, it's dumb as F to design a pitch for the way a roster is currently composed or to a manager's style of play. Those things change annually, a pitch is there for hopefully 50+ years before it's obsolete.

120 is so big. I like 115v74-75

Reactions: Kjbert
You really think PV will still be here when they get around to designing a pitch? Also, it's dumb as F to design a pitch for the way a roster is currently composed or to a manager's style of play. Those things change annually, a pitch is there for hopefully 50+ years before it's obsolete.

I don't think our style of play will change when Vieira leaves because they'll bring in a manger that wants to play the same way. It's the CFG style and we're going to be playing it for a long time. So it make sense to build the pitch accordingly.

Reactions: Kjbert
I don't think our style of play will change when Vieira leaves because they'll bring in a manger that wants to play the same way. It's the CFG style and we're going to be playing it for a long time. So it make sense to build the pitch accordingly.

Who determines that style? Txiki? Pep? Do you expect those two to be there forever too? Regimes change and styles change with them. Also, the game itself changes and adjustments need to be made. As I stated earlier, to build a field's dimensions to suit one particular style of play is DUMB DUMB DUMB.

Reactions: Kjbert and Ulrich
Who determines that style? Txiki? Pep? Do you expect those two to be there forever too? Regimes change and styles change with them. Also, the game itself changes and adjustments need to be made. As I stated earlier, to build a field's dimensions to suit one particular style of play is DUMB DUMB DUMB.
Yep, we are going to build a pitch that works with the best combination of number of seats, amenities, viewing, and the ever important site conditions.

Somebody posted on the MLS website that LA sent an email out today to the Premium Seat Holders saying they're refunding the entire season ticket for them. No idea if this is true, but it's a big WOW if they go through with it. I'd be extremely upset if I paid that much money to watch essentially every home game end in a loss, but at the same time, it's a sporting event and no team is guaranteed to win (even though MLS has always tried to help LA). Very much shows the LA brain trust is desperately worried about (the top echelon of) STH defecting to LAFC.