Galaxy Postmatch

Really great environment at the match last night. In warm ups, the team looked as confident as I've seen all year. Knew we'd win, but the way we did was unexpected-- and that to me is the biggest takeaway from LA. If we're on, we've got a lot of options for taking three points. Great quality for a team looking to make a Cup run.

Reactions: Kjbert and Ulrich
Really great environment at the match last night. In warm ups, the team looked as confident as I've seen all year. Knew we'd win, but the way we did was unexpected-- and that to me is the biggest takeaway from LA. If we're on, we've got a lot of options for taking three points. Great quality for a team looking to make a Cup run.
I'd prefer the quality of crushing shitty teams, but we take what we can get.

Feel bad for LA a little bit. They made all the wrong signing this offseason and even with Dos Dos santos they still are missing the goal scorer they really need post-Keane.

Reactions: Kjbert
Feel bad for LA a little bit. They made all the wrong signing this offseason and even with Dos Dos santos they still are missing the goal scorer they really need post-Keane.
Nah, they're finally plummeting back to earth after being propped up by MLS for years with their coordinated rule changes, and I t's refreshing to watch. Their brain trust has slowly been depleted and without Arena, they're in for a long ride.

Somebody posted on the MLS website that LA sent an email out today to the Premium Seat Holders saying they're refunding the entire season ticket for them. No idea if this is true, but it's a big WOW if they go through with it. I'd be extremely upset if I paid that much money to watch essentially every home game end in a loss, but at the same time, it's a sporting event and no team is guaranteed to win (even though MLS has always tried to help LA). Very much shows the LA brain trust is desperately worried about (the top echelon of) STH defecting to LAFC.

Maybe that was a joke. MLS teams still rely heavily on ticket sales for revenue rather than sponsorships or TV revenue so they may be taking a huge loss. Then again, they'll be facing economic competition from LAFC, so maybe it's wise of them to give this season free so renewals are likely.

Maybe that was a joke. MLS teams still rely heavily on ticket sales for revenue rather than sponsorships or TV revenue so they may be taking a huge loss. Then again, they'll be facing economic competition from LAFC, so maybe it's wise of them to give this season free so renewals are likely.
The interesting thing would be if it's only for premium season ticket holders, what's that going to do to their other season ticket holders?

The interesting thing would be if it's only for premium season ticket holders, what's that going to do to their other season ticket holders?
Yeah, it'd be bad PR for the club, especially when between tickets and merchandise and concessions, the plebeians spend collectively more than the top echelon.

In short TPFKAU stands for tmac.

The longer answer is that Tmac was useless unless unmarked, which is a pain to type out as a nickname so it got shortened to ucubed.

Then, somehow, tmac became a worse player and was just generally useless. Which earned him the monicker of the player formerly known as ucubed or TPFKAU for short.
My 51 year old self had to read this bout 7 times to get it . The answer outweighed the question . Now i wonder WTH is ucubed??? Is this something that my generation can understand ??? Or is it like a complicated phone app ??:confused::confused:

My 51 year old self had to read this bout 7 times to get it . The answer outweighed the question . Now i wonder WTH is ucubed??? Is this something that my generation can understand ??? Or is it like a complicated phone app ??:confused::confused:

Your lack of comprehension of the English language astounds the mind. The answer to your question is literally in the second fucking line.

Your lack of comprehension of the English language astounds the mind. The answer to your question is literally in the second fucking line.
I try to stay out of these things but to me that's just a little harsh. Yes, what it stands for is typed out as you said but the *explanation* is not literally in the second fucking line, only the unexplained text. And rather than bothering to explain it you're asking people to make several leaps of understanding that are simply not obvious if you don't already know what it means.

It's "useless unless unmarked," which I personally find both just a little bit annoying but also just a little bit clever. So that's Useless Unless Unmarked, or U U U, or U times U times U, which is U multiplied by itself three times, or U-cubed. Way too many inferences for just a small amount of snark.

All that's fine, but perhaps not worth losing your shit over if there needs to be an explanation for someone who perhaps happened to miss the first mention of it six months ago.

One person's opinion.

Gee I guess your right but guess what Mr Snip ?? I had 3 people read the original answer and follow well the TPFKAU part . We get that we understand . It's the U part as in ucubed that was left a blank and had all us saying WTF? No matter what you tell me this word was not defined !! Oh and By the way this word is not in Webster Dictionary ! So I guess the master of all the English language is a fkn idiot to .

I try to stay out of these things but to me that's just a little harsh. Yes, what it stands for is typed out as you said but the *explanation* is not literally in the second fucking line, only the unexplained text. And rather than bothering to explain it you're asking people to make several leaps of understanding that are simply not obvious if you don't already know what it means.

It's "useless unless unmarked," which I personally find both just a little bit annoying but also just a little bit clever. So that's Useless Unless Unmarked, or U U U, or U times U times U, which is U multiplied by itself three times, or U-cubed. Way too many inferences for just a small amount of snark.

All that's fine, but perhaps not worth losing your shit over if there needs to be an explanation for someone who perhaps happened to miss the first mention of it six months ago.

One person's opinion.
THANK YOU Sweetie !!!!:):):)

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Say what you will about LA and their home struggles, this was a good win for us. I watched the first half live, and then the next morning watched the second half in the compressed game replay on MLS Live (not knowing the result).

Both of our goals were jaw droppingly good. Hard to pick which finish was better, but maybe Villa's since he had more defenders around him and was on his off foot.

Nonetheless, those who have said we may have gotten a better result than our play deserved have a point. We were outshot and out possessed. LA did not finish well and gave SeanJohn the opportunity to make some fantastic saves, all of which he made (to his credit). It's worth noting that after Cole's karate kick, the only thing separating the teams were two shots off the crossbar - ours deflected in, theirs out.

Still, it's a good result. Beating LA in their stadium is not easy - their recent results there don't change that. LA are talented, and Schmidt has them playing better. This is a good win by a team that is showing more grit with each passing week.

Worried about this weekend with Ring out. I don't know that Herrera has the ability to anchor a midfield in front of a back 4.

That being said, I think our best 11 with who is available is probably a flat 4-4-2 with Villa partnering with Okoli.

Worried about this weekend with Ring out. I don't know that Herrera has the ability to anchor a midfield in front of a back 4.

That being said, I think our best 11 with who is available is probably a flat 4-4-2 with Villa partnering with Okoli.
Worth noting that the last time we played NE we were without Ring, and we were also without Herrera since he was at the U-20 World Cup.

Herrera will just have to be aware of his position on the field. He certainly likes to drift, and will need to be more disciplined if he is the lone 6. Or PV could play him and Mikey both, with Maxi in front.

Hey NYCFC_Dan, can we get a game thread for NE?

Reactions: Kjbert
Somebody posted on the MLS website that LA sent an email out today to the Premium Seat Holders saying they're refunding the entire season ticket for them. No idea if this is true, but it's a big WOW if they go through with it. I'd be extremely upset if I paid that much money to watch essentially every home game end in a loss, but at the same time, it's a sporting event and no team is guaranteed to win (even though MLS has always tried to help LA). Very much shows the LA brain trust is desperately worried about (the top echelon of) STH defecting to LAFC.

Why don't they just give out free tickets to next year's season? Why would you refund backwards to prevent people from leaving in the future. That makes no sense. If I was on the fence or planning to switch to LAFC, this doesn't change my mind. If LAG gave me free tickets in 2018 (which they could afford to do with the Chargers paying rent now), I would be much more likely to cancel my deposit with LAFC.

Just spitballin', but how about a flat 3-4-3?

Wallace, Villa, Harrison
Sweat, Maxi, Herrera, Allen?
Callens, Brillant, White

Could put Lewis in at LW, slide Wallace back to LWB, and Sweat to the bench.