Galaxy Postmatch

We looked really good. For the second week in a row.

Medina and Wallace look fucking great. As long as Villa stays fit it should be a fun season.

The first half was one of the best halves I think the team has ever played. Something like 70% possession and outshot the Galaxy 9-1. I think the team didn’t sustain that and missed the killer instinct (didn’t put in the third, and then the Sweat error combined with a lapse made it 2-1 and there was some nervy moments at the end).

Ibheagha has no passing skills but is a physical specimen. The team definitely missed Chanot to move the ball up both sides. But man, Callens can move with the ball. Amazing to see him just take it himself past the halfway line.

2 thoughts on the match:

#1: Elfath might be the worst referee in professional soccer, worldwide. I wouldn’t let him referee a peewee soccer match among 6 year olds.

#2: I’m convinced that nycfc has an under the table deal with big Pharma, particularly companies that produce heart medicine. There is no other explanation for why we play this “out of the back” style where we consistently play the ball towards our own goal, with every pass we make backwards exponentially increasing our chances of a catastrophic turnover.

Great win though!

Reactions: Jock
But Sweat was on that side. Him and Tinnerholm had switched, and it was Sweat who Lletget beat for the ball that he passed to Boateng, who then crossed it for Dos Santos
Yeah, I just saw Midas’ video clip, and I had no idea he was on the right side for that play, which doesn’t make sense at all and doesn’t take away from the fact he’s the most value-rated LB (that shouldn’t cover the right side).

2 thoughts on the match:

#1: Elfath might be the worst referee in professional soccer, worldwide. I wouldn’t let him referee a peewee soccer match among 6 year olds.
Finally someone that agrees with me! He's absolute garbage, and we keep having him as a ref. He ref'd us vs columbus on closing day last year, too.

Thought that was fun. We weren't at the races for the whole match, but enough of it.

Solid from Ibeagha, didn't lose a header all day. Great from Tinnerholm too and my boy Ben Sweat once again with the killer run for the assist.

Happy days overall.