Game Of Thrones (spoilers)

I like how everyone is emotional about Hodor, but that can't be from the books, right? Nan told Bran that Hodor has never spoken, and Bran can't change the past, otherwise, why not stop over in Kings landing prior to Robert dying, et al. These guys were good at adapting the earlier books, but have really gone off the rails, no?

This comes directly from George Martin as stated in the 'Inside the Episode.'

Reactions: jerseyhotspur
RoHWQZf.png

This comes directly from George Martin as stated in the 'Inside the Episode.'
If you want to get technical,
Hodor wasn't always his name.... so he did only say "Hodor" when called Hodor. When he was Willis, he talked normally.

Benjen Fucking Stark!
Sam claims the family sword!
Arya decides to be a fucking Stark and not an nameless assassin!
Did I mention Benjen Fucking Stark rescuing Meera and Bran?!

That's what I fucking needed tonight.

Reactions: LostAnvil and JayH
Benjen Fucking Stark!
Sam claims the family sword!
Arya decides to be a fucking Stark and not an nameless assassin!
Did I mention Benjen Fucking Stark rescuing Meera and Bran?!

That's what I fucking needed tonight.
Really? While I thought bringing Benjen back was dope it was a relatively slow episode. That was the only action, everything else in this episode was about building up for a future one.

Though I can't wait to see what happens to Sam after taking that sword now.

Really? While I thought bringing Benjen back was dope it was a relatively slow episode. That was the only action, everything else in this episode was about building up for a future one.

Though I can't wait to see what happens to Sam after taking that sword now.
Som egreat moments aren't about action. The Benjen thing admittedly put me in a great place for the show right at the start. I was 98% certain it was him as soon as he showed up long before the reveal, and as a book reader, Benjen is a huge deal. He hasn't made nearly the same impact in the series.
Then Sam and Arya just made choices that demonstrate their character. I loved that.
Finally, I'm sure lots of people were damn excited about the Daenerys moment at the end. I'm not nearly as big a fan of her, and I thought it was unearned. Suddenly her dragons are 3x bigger than last we saw and do whatever she wants? But earned or not it completed a triptych of character development.

Som egreat moments aren't about action. The Benjen thing admittedly put me in a great place for the show right at the start. I was 98% certain it was him as soon as he showed up long before the reveal, and as a book reader, Benjen is a huge deal. He hasn't made nearly the same impact in the series.
Then Sam and Arya just made choices that demonstrate their character. I loved that.
Finally, I'm sure lots of people were damn excited about the Daenerys moment at the end. I'm not nearly as big a fan of her, and I thought it was unearned. Suddenly her dragons are 3x bigger than last we saw and do whatever she wants? But earned or not it completed a triptych of character development.
I'm with you on Daenerys, but how is Benjen different in the books? I never read them so I'm curious.