Glick Possibly Out At Nycfc... Maybe

I was coming here to suggest the same thing. However, usually you don't lose your interim guy until you have a new guy lined up. And reports say we are still searching. The search should have been conducted and gotten over with months ago. Hopefully this was part of some weird plan, but likely not.
Also you don't hire someone on an interim basis and not announce that it is interim, because then when he leaves quickly it leads to negative speculation like this thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: danger
I know Falastur Falastur met him in England during one of the friendlies. Interested to hear what you think as it pertains to the interim talk. How did he sound back then?

Reactions: Kjbert
Attend the October 25th Match vs. New England Revolution with New York City FC's President

Last time this will ever be in a sweepstakes on Cityzens.

Wow I really don't like all the uncertainty in the front office. I want to see more stability with this franchise.
This reminds me of what I had to deal with as a RB fan. It is never good when front office folks, especially this high level leave so often.

Well, if the President's chief task is to get a stadium built, then they need a NY insider, not a guy from across the pond. You can be the smartest dude around, but if you can't navigate NY politics, then it's going to be tough.

Reactions: TabascoDiva
Hopefully now we'll have a club president who's only club to oversee is NYCFC unlike Glick who oversaw MCFC too.

Sandro Rosell to NYC in 3…2…
lol no, isint he being investigated for mis handling funds from neymar transfer or some other similar issues? Or am i confusing him with someone else?

Well, if the President's chief task is to get a stadium built, then they need a NY insider, not a guy from across the pond. You can be the smartest dude around, but if you can't navigate NY politics, then it's going to be tough.

Tom Glick isn't a guy "from across the pond". He's an American with a long history in US sports - he was CMO at the Nets for a while. He only got into English football because a US group bought Derby County and installed him on the board as part of their takeover.

lol no, isint he being investigated for mis handling funds from neymar transfer or some other similar issues? Or am i confusing him with someone else?

Yep, Rosell is involved in that stuff.

We already have MCFC board and NY Property lawyer Martin Edelman who has been our chief lobbyist. So I would say we already have our insider.

Was more or less frogmarched to NYCFC by CFG when Pernelli left.. But returns to his old position now perhaps.
Anyway, the key guy is Edelman I think, not sure what kind of guy we´ll get now though.

NYCFC contracts company to look for an executive and everyone assumed it was Glick being replaced?.. Let´s hope it´s the guy that will be the new head of club infrastructure (Stadium, training campus etc)