Good Hotel Or Hotels For Long-distance Supporters?

413Blue

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
Apr 23, 2014
MA
Hello NYCer's

Since I am coming from western MA and have a 2.5 hour drive, there will certainly be some days when I would need to get a hotel. I know their is virtually nothing within walking distance of the stadium (unless something has changed) so what's the best area to look for 1.) Easy access to the Stadium 2.) Relatively cheap?
I am sure others will find this information useful as well!

I'd certainly like to know for if I manage to fly in for the first ever home game next season.

In looking around, it seems pretty likely that I might as well just drive each way. Gonna have to recruit a driver though!

@ 413Blue: I know there's at least one in the neighborhood. It's called The Stadium Motor Lodge and it's right off the Major Deegan Expressway. On those rare occasions when I drive to Yankee games I pass it going to and from the George Washington Bridge. Can't vouch for it as far as pricing, cleanliness, safety, etc......

I know it's going to be a major headache, but given the choices it looks like in the long run you might be better off heading straight home and pulling in sometme around midnight rather than ending up in some neighborhood roach motel.

Personally, I've always been one to beat the drums for public transportation. As one who is totally unaware of your area, does Metro-North run trains anywhere near you? That may be one way to go about things as they have a station about 7 or 8 blocks away from Yankee Stadium. You could go into Manhattan, but that eliminates affordable.

@ 413Blue:

Personally, I've always been one to beat the drums for public transportation. As one who is totally unaware of your area, does Metro-North run trains anywhere near you? That may be one way to go about things as they have a station about 7 or 8 blocks away from Yankee Stadium. You could go into Manhattan, but that eliminates affordable.
That will likely be another option. Metro-North in the Stamford, CT area. It won't be a whole lot cheaper, especially when you factor in more than one person. It will allow us to avoid 95 traffic, but it's still a 90+ minute drive to/from station to my house.

It appears that hotel mentioned has closed. No idea if it's being renovated or permanently closed.

4 413Blue I would stay somewhere along Metro-North. Personally, your best bet is Tarrytown hotels (Using Priceline name your own price is amazingly good) and taking the Tarrytown train because Yankee Stadium stop is on the Hudson line.

I'm not sure what your regular route to the tri-state area is, but there's stops farther up that line as well if you come from I84 or I87.

Anyway, Stamford, White Plains, or Tarrytown. Best bets for livable hotels and mass transportation.

White Plains and Stamford has service to Yankee Stadium like once or twice per gameday. I'm about to get on one of them now for the Yankee game. I don't know if they will do that for NYCFC as well. If they don't, then you have to change trains at 125th street. Not horrible, but not as efficient.

Honestly, you could probably get any hotel in Manhattan and then just take the 4 train to Yankee Stadium. There really inst any hotels close (walking distance) to Yankee Stadium. At least none that I know of. Someone please tell me if I am wrong.

Why waste money on a hotel when you can sleep on the train
185819_2268703135288_1011962499_n.jpg

Reactions: D_RoyJenkins
There is a Day's Inn Yankee Stadium on Brook Avenue, a short walk from the Stadium. You can get a room for around 120 a night.

@ 413Blue: I know there's at least one in the neighborhood. It's called The Stadium Motor Lodge and it's right off the Major Deegan Expressway.
Probably the shittiest hotel in the area ....it looks like the windows are boarded up and its not really in a kind area.

I would NOT stay in any of the places near the Stadium. Manhattan might be most convenient with the 4, but its going to be out of control expensive.

You can Priceline a hotel near Metro-North stations for like 70 a night in 3.5 to 4 star places.

What is considered a good price for a hotel in NYC? Especially if you are coming for more than one night, and want more than just a glorified B&B?

Hmm...I guess that's not terrible, though it's certainly going to stretch my budget. Might end up making it just a 3 night trip - if the entire scheme doesn't fall through completely.