Good Vacation Spots

BlueWarrior

Registered
Jun 9, 2014
CT
hey all!

Im already planning a vacation for next year as a surprise for my gf. Ill be graduating college and she will be done with her first year of grad school, so I want it somewhere relaxing...so not disneyworld or anything I need to stand in a bathroom line for 2 hours lol. Any tips?

My max budget for this vacation including hotel food and flight for the both of us is just a little over 3 grand..

Two important questions:
Where are you from; do you each have a passport?

What kind of things do you guys like to do together?

Two important questions:
Where are you from; do you each have a passport?

What kind of things do you guys like to do together?

good questions man!

Yeah we both have passports, we love to go to the beach. We went to clearwater florida for memorial day weekend, and almost got caught in the crossfire of a gang shooting, scariest thing in my life. So we probably won't go to Florida for a while either. I would like to go somewhere tranquil, not that much hustle and bustle.

and im from CT.

good questions man!

Yeah we both have passports, we love to go to the beach. We went to clearwater florida for memorial day weekend, and almost got caught in the crossfire of a gang shooting, scariest thing in my life. So we probably won't go to Florida for a while either. I would like to go somewhere tranquil, not that much hustle and bustle.

and im from CT.

I've been to both Jamaica and the Dominican Republic and they are both amazing. Great beaches, nice people, and reasonable in price. Try to look for a hotel thats all inclusive

Reactions: Section1Guy
I've been to both Jamaica and the Dominican Republic and they are both amazing. Great beaches, nice people, and reasonable in price. Try to look for a hotel thats all inclusive

I was looking at dominican republic. Where abouts did you stay there?

http://www.mandalaybay.com/

brilliant hotel in vegas. they have a beach, lazy river, mini mall (connecting it to the MGM, Luxor, King Arthur's, and New York New York).
The rooms are huge too, for a great price too.
also theres this amazing pub called RiRa's. ive been to all parts of Britain and RiRa's is surely authentic.

Dude you were in Clearwater!? I live an hour from there. That was the first time I've ever heard of a shooting there in as long as I've lived here (on the beach that is).
One of my associates at work was there too. Small world.

Speaking of shootings. Myrtle Beach is a great alternative to Florida but not during Memorial Day weekend. For those who may not know, during that particular weekend there is any event called ATLANTIC BEACH BIKE WEEK. It is a gathering of sport bike(rs). Crotch Rockets...That weekend usually sees 100k+ visitors a year. This past holiday, Myrtle Beach saw (estimated) over 400,000 visitors for the event. During that time there were 12 shootings and three homicides. I believe there was also a suicide associated with one of those homicides. That's like a 200% increase in murders for the entire state.

Anywho, DONT GOTO MYRTLE BEACH SC DURING MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND. However, it's a beautiful place to visit any other time of the year. I lived there for three years. It was amazing.

Dude you were in Clearwater!? I live an hour from there. That was the first time I've ever heard of a shooting there in as long as I've lived here (on the beach that is).
One of my associates at work was there too. Small world.

wow! Yeah, it is a small world. I was at the hyatt when it all happened. I ended up running into an alley with my gf and into a garage cause I didn't know what was happening. YEAH, never going anywhere on memorial day weekend. It's sad people get like that on a holiday. But besides the shooting we loved it there. The restaurants there were all amazing! I'd probably go there again, just not anytime soon.

Last edited:
Speaking of shootings. Myrtle Beach is a great alternative to Florida but not during Memorial Day weekend. For those who may not know, during that particular weekend there is any event called ATLANTIC BEACH BIKE WEEK. It is a gathering of sport bike(rs). Crotch Rockets...That weekend usually sees 100k+ visitors a year. This past holiday, Myrtle Beach saw (estimated) over 400,000 visitors for the event. During that time there were 12 shootings and three homicides. I believe there was also a suicide associated with one of those homicides. That's like a 200% increase in murders for the entire state.

Anywho, DONT GOTO MYRTLE BEACH SC DURING MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND. However, it's a beautiful place to visit any other time of the year. I lived there for three years. It was amazing.

That is terrible. I always wanted to go there as well. Ill have to look into it, but definitely not going there memorial day weekend.

I definitely think you should look into an all-inclusive spot. If you do it in the summer you'll get great deals too. Those types of places you definitely have to research and find people who have actually been there, but if you find a good one they're worth it. I don't know any off hand right now, but its my next stop.

Don't knock Walt Disney World, bro... Greatest place of Earth. :)

You are just graduating college, your gf is in grad school, and you have 3000 to blow on a vacation? Good on you mate.

How about New York City, even though there aren't beaches? Except if you've been there, because the city, the hotels and the restaurants aren't exactly cheap. I just haven't been there and I'm planning it for next summer.

Reactions: BlueWarrior