Greetings From Cali!

VantasticCityFC

Registered
Nov 19, 2014
Hello everyone, I finally go around to registering on the site. Procrastination tends to be my best friend, haha. Anyways, I'm from California and when I heard Yankees (fav mlb team) and City (fav EPL team) were partnering up for NYCFC, I knew It was destiny. I'm what you call a player supporter and I previous supported the L.A Galaxy for Landon Donovan. It coincidentally happens that this is his last season and theres where my time at Galaxy ends.

I'm pumped about NYCFC for the reasons previously mentioned and for being part of a brand new project that is exciting to be part of. I look forward to meeting as many of you in NY for the first NYCFC games and for a little soccer action @Pier40!

Lurking through the forums I recognize some of you from twitter. I'm @Vanstatic on twitter, feel free to add me so we can keep going and growing strong!

Welcome! I just recently moved from the Bay Area. Glad to know there's another West Coaster here!

VantasticCityFC VantasticCityFC I totally get the "player supporter" thing. Besides the Yankees and NYCFC, that's been my entire life with every sport there is and I'm finally glad to have a team. It's why I've never had a premier league team (because I was Ballack and RVP fans and they both left the clubs I was supporting for them).

So long story short.... I feel you, bro.

VantasticCityFC VantasticCityFC I totally get the "player supporter" thing. Besides the Yankees and NYCFC, that's been my entire life with every sport there is and I'm finally glad to have a team. It's why I've never had a premier league team (because I was Ballack and RVP fans and they both left the clubs I was supporting for them).

So long story short.... I feel you, bro.
Haha yeah. Not many of us out there.. In basketball I'm a coach follower. Phil Jackson was my favorite and I followed up from the Bulls to the Lakers (Yes, even with Jordan) at the bulls, I still liked Phil more haha.

Followed CR7 from United to Madrid and Tevez from United to City to Juventus, although I still like city.

So my only actual teams are America (LigaMX) & NYCFC

Wow

First of all can I say Welcome, I don't know much about California as a state but San Fran as a City rocks my boat (especially Foleys Irish Pub !!!!)

Then can I say that whatever else I say here, nothing is meant in malice. I know some of you think that with my blue blood being City through and through etc etc, I am a complete wanker. I know that some of you struggle to comprehend that to my way of thinking, a United Fan is a complete hypocrite to follow NYCFC with all of its MCFC / CFG associations. And I struggle with some of your rational also.

To me the biggest thing is MCFC, therefore I have swallowed CFG, having been part of this community, where I can understand you are not happy at every decision (e.g. Kit / uniform), I am readying myself to accept changes at the Etihad which I am sure will come sooner rather than later.
I am prepared to accept the big picture for a CFG future, Man City and by association CFG matters to me....

This "player Supporter", "league (MLS) supporter" "coach supporter" thing is completely new to me and 99.9% of English fans.

Tevez was a brilliant servant for MCFC, (at least until his little "Episode" which most fans forgave him for) whilst he wore the shirt. He chose not to wear it any more... most of us said goodbye, and could not give a fuck about the rest of his career (I personally could not tell you where he is nowadays though I know he went to Juventus when he left us)

I am not saying we are right or you are wrong, I am merely saying that if Vantastic is typical of an American supporter the gulf in understanding is huge.

Good luck to NYCFC, who I will support as long as MCFC are part of CFG.... If Yaya Toure or Pablo Zabletta go to Seattle or LA tomorrow, I will thank them for there service and continue to follow anything closely related to MCFC. The remainder of there careers I would not care less about (as per 99.9 % of MCFC fans).

Yes they would have earned our applause and respect if they came back to play us, but away from the Etihad they would be forgotten men....

No disrespect here, perhaps just a different view.

I have just learned Diversity is not just about Sexual preference. age, gender, religious views etc.... It extends to how you support your team..... Respect