Helloo!

the pope

Registered
Apr 1, 2014
Rome
Hi, I'm Barry lover of MCFC and hater of MUFC!
Looking forward to see NYFC develop and work with MCFC and maybe I can get to grips with the MLS format along the way who knows?!

OOOOH, the famous man utd went to Rome to see The Pope,
the famous man utd went to Rome to see The Pope,
the famous man utd went to Rome to see The Pope,
and this is what he said,

"FUCK OFF"!

You do know that there was more United fans than City attending the first meet up?.. :D
As a local club will attract fans that follow all kinds of leagues and clubs it´s a funny mix in this forum.

I think no matter who we support in Europe, all of us are most loyal to our home city.

I don't view it as ManU Supporters and ManC supporters, Liverpool supporters etc. who also support NYCFC.

It is a bunch of NYCFC Supporters who happen to support ManU, ManC, Liverpool, etc.

When you look at it that way, its actually very natural

Reactions: Tiger Jones
I think no matter who we support in Europe, all of us are most loyal to our home city.

I don't view it as ManU Supporters and ManC supporters, Liverpool supporters etc. who also support NYCFC.

It is a bunch of NYCFC Supporters who happen to support ManU, ManC, Liverpool, etc.

When you look at it that way, its actually very natural
Swansea City here! One of the other admins is a ManU supporter as well.

Well that's me told! I thought utd fans would stay well away from nycfc because of the City connections I still think most would, wouldn't utd fans gravitate to nyrb just because a. They are not city and b. They use red in their name.
Anyway who cares really? New club let's all get being the team when it arrives! Who can explain the league format to me? I read up on it quickly a while ago, something about the top teams qualify for play offs to win a seperate cup from the league title? Seemed a bit odd to me anyway!

Its a lot more than the City connection that sparked my interest (otherwise I would have more than zero posts over at the Melbourne forums) but admittedly had it been United who started NYCFC I wouldn't be here. That however would have been the one exception. I doubt there's any United fans based in the UK supporting NYCFC. To say I despise United would be a colossal understatement but there will be City/United fans supporting England this summer obviously. So maybe people should try and look at it that way but don't think anyone should complain if MCFC fans post anti-United comments on here in the general football discussions. Personally I feel no connection with England team (despite being white british english) and prefer the colossal benefits it would bring NYCFC if the US won it. Its a knockout tournament and upsets can happen.

Better start watching some MLS that's the only way to begin getting used to it.

There is a section for discussing football in the prem and the actual rivalries there, but in general I think we should stick with and focus on the subject i.e NYCFC
If Real Madrid and Barcelona fans can keep it civil we ought to make the effort as well.

Well I think a true utd fan needs their head feeling supporting a "city" team because like vinjay said no city fan would support utd team because they are dispised so much.
Anyway I'm sure most people would like to have a bit of banter rather than being p.c. and being all civil. It's only a laugh anyway.

NYCFC is first, and foremost, a New York team. That's why we're here.
There's absolutely no reason to alienate any supporters based on where they come from, or what overseas teams they choose to support, as long as at the end of the day they are rooting for NYCFC.

Outside of New York the club will only be a "second" team for most of its supporters anyway, that fact is inescapable. I just don't see why why any utd fan would support nycfc, I think it's weird supporting a team co founded by your biggest rivals, wear the same color as them and use the name City. I certainly wouldn't of if the situation was reversed.
But each to their own. #moyesin

It is a New York team and if United fans from NY want to support the club nobody really has a right to object. I can understand that to an extent though still can't see why anyone outside New York state who supports United would unless they have exceptionally strong ties to the area. Its not about being uncivil but my point was just because there's United fans on here does not mean I'm never going to make anti-United comments . I don't look to pick arguments with United fans anyway generally I do my very best to avoid them online and elsewhere. Certainly you will never see me posting or even checking out what goes on over at sites like Redcafe though some City fans look at that site. United fans in the UK are intolerable to be around perhaps the ones in US are a slight improvement and just have bad taste.

Reactions: the pope
Outside of New York the club will only be a "second" team for most of its supporters anyway, that fact is inescapable. I just don't see why why any utd fan would support nycfc, I think it's weird supporting a team co founded by your biggest rivals, wear the same color as them and use the name City. I certainly wouldn't of if the situation was reversed.
But each to their own. #moyesin

To us NYCFC is our "first" team, and that fact is all that really matters.
Also, "City" as it is used here is part of the name New York City, not because it has anything to do with MCFC.

Reactions: Gene and Andy
If Barcelona had started the franchise (as was the original plan 2006) I´m sure some Barca fan would have told all Madridistas to get lost, truth is of course that it will be a matter for all local fans of the game.. They and they alone will decide how big NYCFC will get.

Reactions: einwindir
To us NYCFC is our "first" team, and that fact is all that really matters.
Also, "City" as it is used here is part of the name New York City, not because it has anything to do with MCFC.

To you yes, but not everyone ! You can't say "us" and account for everyone's opinion!
And if you think the name City has not been chosen for a reason and has nothing do at all with MCFC despite two clubs links and shared owner, and as a project aimed in part to increase the brand globally - which itself is a vehicle promote Abu Dhabi and UAE, then my friend you need to do a bit of research.

To you yes, but not everyone ! You can't say "us" and account for everyone's opinion!
And if you think the name City has not been chosen for a reason and has nothing do at all with MCFC despite two clubs links and shared owner, and as a project aimed in part to increase the brand globally - which itself is a vehicle promote Abu Dhabi and UAE, then my friend you need to do a bit of research.

Very true, but this is still a NYCFC forum. Let's keep the conversation focused on that team, and not on whoever else we might support. There's always the General Footy forums down the bottom of the list for discussing other teams.

Reactions: einwindir

As I recall it Khaldoon said that the name NYC was a lucky coincidence.. But CFG do use City as their brand name that´s true. Not Manchester City in particular, just City..
But however you look at it the owner is regarded as a Real Madrid fan of long standing. the chairman used to follow United and the club itself is run by the Barca boys so it´s easy to see where the global ambition is coming from :cool:

Reactions: jerzy
I came to the conclusion a long time ago that the one person I didn't care who supported what team before mcfc was our owner and board of directors! Y'know, the guys with deep pockets!

I should've clarified... I mean "us" as in supporters from NYC, in response to your "outside of New York supporters" post. Never meant to be taken as I'm speaking for everyone in the world.
When I'm standing in the supporters section at the stadium- cheering, singing, and waving banners- I'm not gonna care what EPL teams anyone around me likes to follow, as long as they're all wearing a NYCFC shirt, and singing along with me; supporting NYC.
And yes, I do see the City association... but regardless of whomever would be the owners of the team, the word "city" would still be in the name of our city- which is New York City.

Reactions: Gene