Home - 03/15 New England Revolution

Great first game. Whatever Kreis said in the locker room at half time worked, totally different team in 2nd half. Does Mullins have a lucky charm or what? I liked what I saw from Velasquez versus Ballouchy. I say keep the formation exactly the same for game #3. I'm not convinced yet that Nemec is a lost cause. Shelton and Mulllins Are game changers but lost keep using a working formula before changing it up.

Nemec was definitely better. Still don't think he keeps his starters job though. Really like the burst Shelton provides as a sub at the moment though.

Nemec does something very well... And that's win balls in the air and hold up play. Invaluable assets. Until he starts to affect us winning or loosing he won't be sitting.
I'm surprised to hear the support for him. He has looked BAD on about three sure goals in the two games. Tonight's miss was awful.

Hi Dan and company . It was nice to meet you and other forum members at Ryan's Pub and nicer today knowing all who made the trip from all over the USA were at that stadium cheering the NYCFC team. This has been possible with all the work you and the rest of the staff do. You guys deserve a big OLE, OLE, OLE OLEI too.

Does any one know the attendance stat? it was not a jam packed stadium but considering some factors (in my opinion)like mixed marketing strategies and cold overcast weather did not help. Overall attendance was respectable.
43509 iirc

Reactions: TabascoDiva
Yes, Nemec is struggling to finish. But he's a one man free kick destroyer. Maybe he should be a CB. But he held up play incredibly well and with Villa bursting down the left side and late runs from our MF he is playing his role PERFECTLY. If he can ever figure out how to score, he could put 15 away. He just gets open somehow. Right now I'm not worried about him and Ive quickly come to appreciate him. He missed two good chances today. Villa missed FOUR. Nemec played well. He beats the crap out of CBs and won every aerial. Then, after getting battered by a 6'5" 250 lb man for 60 minutes, they bring in pace to blow by the exhausted defenders. Kreis is brilliant. Brilliant. Nemec also out worked the smaller backs to win balls.

Loved what I saw from Facey. Should be starting for Williams. With the hold up play of Nemec and how useless Williams and Brovsky are getting up the field, he could be a real terror. Second fastest guy on the squad.

Favorite play was Shelton coming out of nowhere to split defenders. Blew by them. What an athlete.

Thought Villa played A LOT as left winger in the second half.

Well enjoyed everything save for the cold. Too exhausted after all the train ride on top of everything else to do any real examination tonight just really glad I was a part of it.

Agreed completely. For me, today was the day Nemex earned his starting spot. He has a specific role and he played it well.

Reactions: Kjbert
I just skimmed through the broadcast. One thing that I didn't notice live, and due credit to the announcers for helping to point it out, is that Nemec deserves credit on the red card. Nemec was in position to head Saunders' long ball but he saw Khiry streaking by to get it and ducked his head to let it go.

Great game. Great time had by me and my wife in 103 row 15 (4th row). Would have been better if we didn't have the standing nazi behind us yelling to sit down at everyone during kickoff and every exciting moment.

Reactions: roxfontaine
View attachment 2077 Anybody else get these? Kind of odd, a guy was handing them out across the street from Gate 2 as I approached. Magnet schedules. Not sure why they weren't distributing it inside.
Yeah, grabbed a few when I got off the 4 then grabbed some more when i left mcdonalds. Check out eBay, people selling them shits for $6-$1o a pop. Pennants for $25-$50. NYC going hard right now selling free shit!