Home - 09/09 Portland

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_9923.JPG

Bench: Q-Tip, McNaMullet, JLew, Stertzer, Sands, Ooh Ah!, Lurch

Variations:
  • Tommy for Andrea
  • Jacky for Andrea with Lewis or Shelton at RW
  • Lewis or Shelton for Jacky so he can rest (I actually think this is fairly likely)
  • If Struna is available, he makes the bench instead of Stertzer

Reactions: Joseph Bianco
Okay, I think the only injury this season that did not occur during the international break was Matarrita. Aside from that: Chanot, Herrera, Villa, Ring, Wallace all called up and injured playing abroad.

Thank God that Moralez or Callens aren't called by Argentina or Peru.

We're cursed. I truly believe that we are cursed.

Okay, I think the only injury this season that did not occur during the international break was Matarrita. Aside from that: Chanot, Herrera, Villa, Ring, Wallace all called up and injured playing abroad.

Thank God that Moralez or Callens aren't called by Argentina or Peru.

We're cursed. I truly believe that we are cursed.
Mata might as well still be on International Break since we have barely had him this season.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Didn't Mata get hurt right after he came back from an injury he suffered during international break or is it just all becoming a blur?

Reactions: Ulrich

Exactly. The teams have 2 series left - one in each stadium, and they were talking about flipping them. The Yankees seemed to be against that because they didn't want to resell the tickets from the series later this month. I am sure our game against Portland factored in as well.

Give the Yankees a solid on this one. Would have been easy to muscle us out of the Stadium.

Email i just got from NYCFC saying Struna could make his debut

iC6ArAJ.jpg

Reactions: Christopher Jee
With the injuries and then playing at Colorado (worst team in MLS) next week, Vieira may give Villa and Herrera two weeks off to rest them. My lineup...

---Wallace--Okoli--Harrison---
-------Moralez--Pirlo------------
---------------Ring----------------
-Sweat-Callens-Brillant-Allen--
------------Johnson---------------

Maybe Shelton starts in place of Harrison. I think Jack must be exhausted playing the full 90 versus SKC.

Aside from that, you play the same style we did on Wednesday. Portland's defense is more susceptible to the attack than SKC. Okoli plays a hold up striker role, Pirlo spraying balls to the wings. Ring plays at the true DM allowing Maxi to be more forward.

Reactions: Jock
Maybe Shelton starts in place of Harrison. I think Jack must be exhausted playing the full 90 versus SKC.
Shelton or Lewis. Either way, I think it's likely Jack gets a rest. Patrick's noted that Jack's been tired, and again today criticized his SKC performance.

Shelton or Lewis. Either way, I think it's likely Jack gets a rest. Patrick's noted that Jack's been tired, and again today criticized his SKC performance.

Conspiracy Theory: Patrick is criticizing Harrison so that the offers for him drop so that we instead resign him to keep him in New York.

Well, the only other Yankee Stadium game is the last one of the season on October 22. That being said, I guess the Vamos Celestes scarf isn't happening. Disappointed.

Screen Shot 2017-09-08 at 6.48.30 PM.png

Well, the only other Yankee Stadium game is the last one of the season on October 22. That being said, I guess the Vamos Celestes scarf isn't happening. Disappointed.

View attachment 7458

Did you miss the one off scarf they had yesterday or just not update the scarf count?

Status
Not open for further replies.