Home (CT) - 09/23 Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was rewatching parts of the Houston game from last year and was reminded about the brass band that played constantly
giphy.gif

Because this game isn't at Yankee Stadium and there aren't pitchside seats, I won't be able to yell at AJ DeLaGarza for being a little bitch and falling down at Villa's red card love tap to his face during preseason in Arizona.

Because this game isn't at Yankee Stadium and there aren't pitchside seats, I won't be able to yell at AJ DeLaGarza for being a little bitch and falling down at Villa's red card love tap to his face during preseason in Arizona.

im glad im not the only one who remembers that

Injury Report

NYCFC

OUT – Miguel Camargo, Maxime Chanot, Yangel Herrera

QUESTIONABLE – Alex Ring

Sick of seeing that "Questionable" tag on Ring. 3 games in a row?
True, but look who isn't on the list there....Mata!!!! (and I guess White and Lopez too...)

Reactions: adam and Kjbert
True, but look who isn't on the list there....Mata!!!! (and I guess White and Lopez too...)
Yep!
Injury Report: NYCFC Trio Back in Contention
"Three names have been taken off New York City FC’s Injury Report for Saturday’s game versus Houston Dynamo.
Mikey Lopez, Ronald Matarrita and Ethan White are all in the frame to return following their respective lay-offs and may feature at the Pratt & Whitney Stadium."
Seven Seven posted the prediction a few days ago.
But there were doubters and disbelievers.
Mata available for Saturday? FAKE NEWS!

Lots of options down the left side. I look forward to the inevitable Rodney Wallace as a guy playing underneath Villa formation somehow on Saturday

Yeah, that is pretty questionable.

So, any predictions on which of the 3 guys coming off injury will see time on Saturday? I think it is doubtful that any of them start given how long they've each been gone. Plus, while I am sure Vieira would like to give them all a run out, it is unlikely that game circumstances will support using all 3 substitutions on Lopez, Mata and White. Not to mention the need to get Struna in there.

Decisions... Decisions...

Reactions: Kjbert

So, any predictions on which of the 3 guys coming off injury will see time on Saturday? I think it is doubtful that any of them start given how long they've each been gone. Plus, while I am sure Vieira would like to give them all a run out, it is unlikely that game circumstances will support using all 3 substitutions on Lopez, Mata and White. Not to mention the need to get Struna in there.

I would guess that Mata gets subbed into the game regardless of situation. If we need to protect a lead, he provides fresh legs and defense in for Wallace, who typically doesn't go full-90 anyways. And if we need a goal, he can come on for Wallace or Sweat on the left. If we are up by a lot (or down), he gets a run out to gain some fitness.

White and Lopez would be game situations, who knows if they get on or not.

Mata: 15-30 minutes regardless
White: 1-15 minutes if we're bunkering (since those subs have worked out so well)
Lopez: 0 minutes

Injury Report

NYCFC

OUT – Miguel Camargo, Maxime Chanot, Yangel Herrera

QUESTIONABLE – Alex Ring

I know, he was listed as Questionable the past three games since the international break and hasn't made the 18. We have to issue Doubtful and Probable tags as well not just list everything as Questionable.

That being said, I don't see Mata playing defensive for a little while. He'll likely come in for Wallace at some point given Wallace's stamina and conditions of the game.

White may slot in directly for RJ tomorrow.

Does Lopez coming back push Sands off the 18?

Status
Not open for further replies.