Home - 11/06 Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Per Grant Wahl on FS1...

The five member Disciplinary Committee agreed unanimously that it was a red card violation but did not agree unanimously that it was egregious or reckless.

Now Alexi Lalas is just yelling that it's not a red card...

I know as you say I blow things out of proportion please know I hope I Did Blow Your Mine ! and not another attempt to blow me down ! I guess it will be a mystery rapped in an enigma !
I Guess I have another mystery on my hands?? Cause I wonder if FootyLovin saw my original post to this reply and why canchon canchon hasn't replied from his post ?? And For God Sake Please Say it ain't so Joe Our Batman Suspended ??? That's the last thing we need !!

Your such a Sweetie!!.........But we can only" Imagine" Like John Lennon with that iconic New York tee shirt ! No One Loved NY more than that man ! He was Mr NY! Being a Brit he would have Loved our NYCFC!!! What it would be like to see him wear an NYCFC Jersey with a scarf?? DAMN I HOPE THE WORST for that Punk Ass Bitch Mark David Chapman when he's sent straight to Hell !! As for Andrea Mr canchon canchon one can only Imagine !! " You may say I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us and the world will live as one " ! Come On NYCFC Let's Do This Fkn Thing !!!
giphy.gif

Reactions: Angela Miller
There's an interesting tactical question for this week. Do you come out of the box looking to try to get a 2-0 in the regulation 90 or do you come out firing and aspire to get a 4-1? If you go the former route, games like the Red Bulls win and the Galaxy match (I realize it ended 1-0) are perhaps the model -- in both we played opportunistically, kept it tight at the back, etc. For the latter, its hit the gas from the word go. I don't think there is an obvious answer.

This is an interesting tactical question. Most likely, you come out and try to quick hit and get an opening goal in the first 10 minutes - basically makes it a game again. Once you are up 1-0, you can manage the game slightly more conservatively and look to get the second goal, without throwing caution to the wind.

If you don't get the first goal, you need to slowly start opening it up and need to convert at least 1 in the first half. If you do, then you continue on plan.

You don't go all out attack mode unless 1) you are still 2 goals down after the 60th minute or 2) Toronto scores a goal - then you need to say "screw it" and play a 1-1-8 to get those goals.

However, NYCFC usually is not a fast starter - we're not RBNY who comes out like they've drank a ton of their product. NYCFC likes to start slow and build from the back. So I don't know if they can change their style that much.

I realize it is a tall task, but a 2-0 win to force ET would be great. I think that is what PV plays for. If we concede a goal we're F'd.

Reactions: Kjbert
This is an interesting tactical question. Most likely, you come out and try to quick hit and get an opening goal in the first 10 minutes - basically makes it a game again. Once you are up 1-0, you can manage the game slightly more conservatively and look to get the second goal, without throwing caution to the wind.

If you don't get the first goal, you need to slowly start opening it up and need to convert at least 1 in the first half. If you do, then you continue on plan.

You don't go all out attack mode unless 1) you are still 2 goals down after the 60th minute or 2) Toronto scores a goal - then you need to say "screw it" and play a 1-1-8 to get those goals.

However, NYCFC usually is not a fast starter - we're not RBNY who comes out like they've drank a ton of their product. NYCFC likes to start slow and build from the back. So I don't know if they can change their style that much.
A lot of this makes sense to me. We did get early goals against LA and RB. Here's hoping. I'm definitely struggling to do this week's preview since it largely consists of, "we need to score a lot and make sure they don't".

There's an interesting tactical question for this week. Do you come out of the box looking to try to get a 2-0 in the regulation 90 or do you come out firing and aspire to get a 4-1? If you go the former route, games like the Red Bulls win and the Galaxy match (I realize it ended 1-0) are perhaps the model -- in both we played opportunistically, kept it tight at the back, etc. For the latter, its hit the gas from the word go. I don't think there is an obvious answer.

Toronto know they can advance in a close game. They will certainly be happy to be patient and bunker especially the longer we go without scoring. If we play to get a 2-0 win, I don't think we get there. I think we need to be aggressive - particularly to get an early goal and open things up. We will be very exposed on the counter, but we have no choice.

Funny you say that because is swear I saw the guys on the sideline right before they came on as a sub (Khiry for sure) and I think RJ before the match, sniff something that looked like smelling salts or whatever the stuff is that EMT's give people to wake them up. They looked like they got a small jolt after they rubbed it under their noses.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Toronto know they can advance in a close game. They will certainly be happy to be patient and bunker especially the longer we go without scoring. If we play to get a 2-0 win, I don't think we get there. I think we need to be aggressive - particularly to get an early goal and open things up. We will be very exposed on the counter, but we have no choice.
1000k% agree (ht- LionNYC LionNYC for nomenclature)

Reactions: JayH and LionNYC
Status
Not open for further replies.