Home - 8/22 New Jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes.

Crash is a Bronx writer that came up in the era of whole car pieces. He's a REAL street/graffiti artist. He worked with Stickymonger and Dragon 76 who are Japanese street artists. Crash was quite possibly the perfect pick for our wall. The only other person I could possibly see for us would be Cope2, but that's beside the point.

Bliss is a commercial and fine artist. He did the GTA covers for Rockstar Games. He is a very good artist but he is not a street artist and he was quite upset that I know the difference.

Our wall kicks the shit out of that paint by numbers shit on their side. The goofies can't even draw a proper Telstar and their lead artist had to draw from his phone.
Our piece is definitely more cohesive and has a design that flows L->R. Theirs just has one central element with stuff around it. The Kong also is better drawn than the bull. But I still don't much care for our concept.

Reactions: Schwallacus
I tried to make it clear that I wasn't doubting the integrity of the artists but instead this particular application of their talents. I know people need to do stuff for money, often it's misaligned with their core motivations, and it shows in the work. It doesn't make them bad people or bad artists in my opinion, just explains the feeling of inorganic synthesis I get.

Is Crash an NYCFC fan? Does he rep the team and put us up independent of compensation?

Is Crash an NYCFC fan? Does he rep the team and put us up independent of compensation?

I doubt it but that's kinda the point. We need to marry our city and club with the people who've already built something here. We go to them and introduce them to this beautiful thing that we love.

I watched him. I cheered him. He felt the energy and responded to it. That's what matters.

Referee: Ted Unkel
Assistant Referees: Adam Wienckowski, Brian Dunn
4th Official: Christopher Penso
VAR: Mark Geiger

Ted Unkel refereed 1 NYCFC in 2018, a 3-0 loss in Portland where 2 yellow cards were issued, both to NYCFC. 0 red cards. 0 penalties.

Ted Unkel refereed 0 NYCFC matches in 2017. In 2016, Unkel referred our 3-2 loss at home to RSL where 1 penalty was issued for NYCFC and four yellow cards (1 NYC, 3 RSL). Also in 2016, Unkel referred our 3-2 loss at Columbus where 1 penalty was issued to NYCFC four yellow cards (3 NYC, 1 CLB) and 1 DOGSO red card that resulted in to the penalty to Columbus (which would not be a red card in 2018).

Having Unkel, Penso, and Geiger at this match means a lot of big officials with eyes on this match. Also, they fucking suck.

PRO released the referee assignments today. Yesterday's post came from Dylan Butler's article on MLSsoccer.com where we got an early release on the referees.

Somehow, one team is going to get fucked by PRO. Unkel, Penso, and Geiger. That's just a sign that MLS/PRO is up to something.

New York City v New Jersey
Yankee Stadium (7PM ET)
REF: Ted Unkel
AR1: Adam Wienckowski
AR2: Brian Dunn
4TH: Chris Penso
VAR: Mark Geiger

I doubt it but that's kinda the point. We need to marry our city and club with the people who've already built something here. We go to them and introduce them to this beautiful thing that we love.

I watched him. I cheered him. He felt the energy and responded to it. That's what matters.
Word. As long as it helps more than it harms, I'm with it. I would have gone but I was on a bus back from Philly. I'm glad that it seems to have gone well, though.

My firm is having their second annual NYCFC night. About 30 or 40 people from my work are going to this game. For many it will be their first or second game ever.

I warned our event guy about the netting. I think he fucked up. Is section 224 behind the netting?

I warned our event guy about the netting. I think he fucked up. Is section 224 behind the netting?
Well, technically yes, but I sit in that section and it's above the netting. Shouldn't be a problem.

Reactions: Kenny
At what point will this derby be CONCACAF that the fire alarm at the hotel (Grand Hyatt New York) where the Red Bull players are staying the night before the game goes off?

Reactions: Shwafta
At what point will this derby be CONCACAF that the fire alarm at the hotel (Grand Hyatt New York) where the Red Bull players are staying the night before the game goes off?
why do they need to stay in a hotel nearby if they play in... oh wait.
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.