Home game vs Houston being moved to Hartford, CT

This morning, the club hosted a small group roundtable with 6-7 fans including me. Jon Patricof, fan rep Doug Bennet, and Matt Pellegrino, (Director, Operations) were there. No major announcements or news. I think it was scheduled because yesterday's announcement was coming, but I don't know that. My invite just came Saturday evening.

Regarding Hartford, their points were:
  • a grass surface was a priority
  • the place that gives the team the best chance to win was a priority - Pellegrino said this to me after the meet when I was chatting with Doug and he joined us
  • every site that was discussed online yesterday was given consideration
  • the deal wasn't done until the day before
There was some disagreement among the fans as to whether it would have been better to announce the need to reschedule before they could announce the alternate site. Patricof took notes while both those sides were being presented. It's possible if this happens again they could be more open during the process. They understood that the email selling the Hartford game was a little too happy happy.

Patricof also stressed that whatever you think about the Hartford site as an emergency alternative, it has nothing to do with final stadium location and this wasn't some test to gauge reaction to a site outside the 5 boros. They are as committed to that as ever. He really stressed this.

A few other items were discussed, but nothing worth reporting.

Just one last observation: find someone who loves you the way David Villa loves NYCFC, and the way Patricof loves David Villa. The respect, admiration and affection that Jon has for David really comes through when he talks about Villa.

Here's one thing I don't understand. If they know they screwed up, if they know the email was too happy-happy, if they know the fans would be so outraged, if they know they should have been up-front ...

Then why didn't they do all those things as it was happening? Why was this bungled so badly when they KNOW they bungled it?

Our front office shoots itself in the foot more than any professional sports team I've ever seen.

Here's one thing I don't understand. If they know they screwed up, if they know the email was too happy-happy, if they know the fans would be so outraged, if they know they should have been up-front ...

Then why didn't they do all those things as it was happening? Why was this bungled so badly when they KNOW they bungled it?

Our front office shoots itself in the foot more than any professional sports team I've ever seen.
I suppose when I write that they "get" something like that, it's accurate yet doesn't convey the situation fully. Sometimes it's clear that they get it yet can't help themselves. In this situation, marketing people gonna market.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
I think I would like to know is why on earth are they not comping the bus for supporters/city members. NE Rev bussed fans for free last weekend and that was just something they did for STHs. The absolute least they could do is get as many supporters/city members to East Hartford as possible.

The $10 is not a charge for the bus. They are trying to make sure people who RSVP actually show up so they don't have a bunch of empty seats left by no-shows. It's about planning.

Sure, but acknowledgement and complaining is how shit gets done - if everybody is happy with the status quo, there's no incentive or energy focused to addressed the shortcomings. It's why New Yorkers get so much shit done - we know how to complain about everything.
In every customer service job I've ever been at, we've tried to screw the complainers if possible. I have never once seen someone do something extra to appease someone who is annoying.

Cancel and offer refunds, or postpone.

I like the idea of postponing I have a feeling that everything is not right with the lease contract and YS is tightening the screws. Postponing would have the easiest solution in my view. Staff still gets paid anyway on any other day or unless there is union. Those Unions always have their dirty noses on every business in NYC.

In every customer service job I've ever been at, we've tried to screw the complainers if possible. I have never once seen someone do something extra to appease someone who is annoying.
So if i go into a hooters and complain the wait staff will screw me? i hope they have a nice black couch in the back room for that. Probably be the best 20 seconds of my life

giphy.gif

I thought the $10 food voucher idea someone on here had was a great one, if doable.

Or they could charge a $10 deposit, refundable if you show up.

The website says the food and drink prices in the stadium will be reduced prices.

Those Unions always have their dirty noses on every business in NYC.
<glances at his union card>
<raises eyebrows>

In all seriousness, though, weird, unmotivated animosity toward organized labor pops up all over this board in the oddest places. ...But that's clearly OT for this thread.

Well the first sign of any form of an apology that went to City Members to purchase tickets to the match...

As a City Member, you're the first to be able to buy tickets to the NYCFC vs Houston Dynamo match at Pratt & Whitney Stadium in East Hartford, CT. We apologize for any inconvenience this change in venue may have caused and appreciate your continued support of the Club.

Well the first sign of any form of an apology that went to City Members to purchase tickets to the match...

As a City Member, you're the first to be able to buy tickets to the NYCFC vs Houston Dynamo match at Pratt & Whitney Stadium in East Hartford, CT. We apologize for any inconvenience this change in venue may have caused and appreciate your continued support of the Club.

Good job by the intern patching the feedback through!

Has anyone heard back from their ticket reps? I sent a polite email about this to my ticket rep the day of, and it's been radio silence since.

Reactions: TabascoDiva
Well tickets went on sale yesterday for City Members and sales have been paltry. They aren't even opening up the entire first tier. Aside from the midfield section, the near side of the stadium is closed. Less than 5,000 attendance is my guess unless they really advertise to Connecticut and UCONN students.

Reactions: Kjbert
Well tickets went on sale yesterday for City Members and sales have been paltry. They aren't even opening up the entire first tier. Aside from the midfield section, the near side of the stadium is closed. Less than 5,000 attendance is my guess unless they really advertise to Connecticut and UCONN students.
If it's under 5k anyway why the fuck can't we play in Columbia.