Home - July 7 - Portland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right? MLS could not have asked for a better lead in for their RedBull game.
The Bad Marketing is not MLS. It’s FIFA allowing their final to fall on the same day as CONCACAF’s and CONMEBOL’s. There was by all accounts no communication or coordination on this, which the women justifiably interpreted as a diss.

Reactions: adam
The Bad Marketing is not MLS. It’s FIFA allowing their final to fall on the same day as CONCACAF’s and CONMEBOL’s. There was by all accounts no communication or coordination on this, which the women justifiably interpreted as a diss.
Turns out to be a huge positive, in my eyes, as it's pretty clear that in this country nobody gives a shit about the Copa America or gold cup.

Nothing shakes the retirement league moniker like signing a RETIRED player.
Yeah, I guess you're right. I officially rescind my very serious and thoughtful idea.

Yeah, I guess you're right. I officially rescind my very serious and thoughtful idea.

Sorry I debunked an idea you spent hours of analysis on play stats, transfer costs and chemistry concerns. To be fair, it took me an equal amount of time to concoct my original retort.

I actually think the problem is NOT that the finals are all on the same day. It’s HOW that happened.

It makes sense to me for the women’s final to be the main event of a big soccer Sunday. But nobody really intended that. Instead, both men’s events blundered into this schedule by not paying any attention to what the women were doing, and that was just disrespectful.

Still trying to understand why it's disrespectful for the men to play inferior competitions later in the day on the same day.

What are they complaining about?
I’m not sure they could have foreseen the staggering lack of luster in the men’s competitions.

Reactions: Kjbert
Only our beloved club would schedule a major fan event in downtown NYC that spans the time THEY WILL BE PLAYING AN IMPORTANT HOME GAME 10 MILES AWAY!!

https://www.tfaforms.com/4748238?utm_source=generalnewsletter&cfmid=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20190706 - DB - Summer of Soccer
Mind boggling until realizing that the club has had an epiphany that they can go after the larger base of soccer fans that have absolutely zero interest in MLS and would never buy a ticket to NYCFC. It’s defeatist on one hand and entrepreneurial on the other.

Mind boggling until realizing that the club has had an epiphany that they can go after the larger base of soccer fans that have absolutely zero interest in MLS and would never buy a ticket to NYCFC. It’s defeatist on one hand and entrepreneurial on the other.
Total genius if they have an effective strategy to get casual folks to leave the party and hop the train to Yankee stadium!

Status
Not open for further replies.