Home - September 7 - New England

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I don’t know, maybe start by eliminating half of the postseason. It’s easy to point fingers at the CBA, or stadium issues, but the length of the season/post-season is MLS-made. Drop it to the top four teams in the league, not each conference, and then eliminate the midweek games. There’s your sausage.
A solution that results in lower revenues with no offset is no solution at all.

Reactions: Kjbert
A solution that results in lower revenues with no offset is no solution at all.
An initial plan that compromises the product is no solution either.

My suggestion corrects the product while sacrificing ill-begotten gains, while the MLS’ ever-increasing playoff is a cash-grab that ruins the product during the course of the season with matches featuring half-strength squads.

Mitrita-Taty-Gaz
Parks-Maxi-Ring
Miller-Sweat-Seb-Anton

Could Haak play like a DM or CB middle and go to a three back and take of Miller and push Anton higher?

Reactions: Christopher Jee
An initial plan that compromises the product is no solution either.

My suggestion corrects the product while sacrificing ill-begotten gains, while the MLS’ ever-increasing playoff is a cash-grab that ruins the product during the course of the season with matches featuring half-strength squads.
Isn't it Don Garber that once said, "No gains are ill-gotten!"

Isn't it Don Garber that once said, "No gains are ill-gotten!"
With his background, more like, “no gains brings up 4th and 10.” At that point, it’s time to punt and correct the mistakes.

With his background, more like, “no gains brings up 4th and 10.” At that point, it’s time to punt and correct the mistakes.
You know, in a prior life I worked directly with Don at the NFL. He would remember me with a little prompting...

I just realized we got lucky Mitri didn't get called up to Romania for the Euro qualifiers.

Feeling a lot better about this game knowing Chanot will be on the back line to keep it organized.

So we're still waiting on Heber news. I can imagine various things that means. My favorite theory is he is not badly hurt and we want some upcoming opponent to be surprised when he is in the lineup, but there's no reason to believe that over anything else.
I think the Maxi news he mentions is the contract discussions.

Gotta think with Chanot staying around, the back line for Saturday goes from huge question marks as to combinations, to pretty much set in stone. Gotta imagine its Sweat-Chanot-Ibeagha-Tinny. Not exactly sure who takes LCB/RCB between Chanot and Ibeagha, but I think Chanot is more comfortable on his left foot than Ibby is, so I would pencil him in there.

Gotta think with Chanot staying around, the back line for Saturday goes from huge question marks as to combinations, to pretty much set in stone. Gotta imagine its Sweat-Chanot-Ibeagha-Tinny. Not exactly sure who takes LCB/RCB between Chanot and Ibeagha, but I think Chanot is more comfortable on his left foot than Ibby is, so I would pencil him in there.
Right. I think Chanot has played on the left when it has been the two of them in the past.

Chanot can get out of danger with a clean sheet. Taty no longer in danger. Lots of players missing the next couple matches.

Great stuff, as usual.

I am holding out hope that Matarrita will be back from international duty for the Toronto game because Costa Rica has only a single game for this international break, and it is tomorrow night. That would mean his suspension counts for Toronto, and he would be available to play against San Jose.

Status
Not open for further replies.